115 Mercury Outboard Tach

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by crackers, Jul 30, 2007.

1. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have to say this is a great site and I have learned a lot from just reading all the posts on here. I have a question that I cant seem to find about a tach wiring for this motor the wires that come out from the front of my controls are for the tach,andthey are white black and brown from all the other posts that talks about tach hookups says the tach sensor line is gray,but there is no gray wire on this three wire connector the book says one goes to the alternator stator and this is the wire that hooks to the tach sensor but I cant figger out which one of the three it is what color goes to power, what color goes to gnd I would think BLACK would but rather than hooking it up and burning some thing up Ill ask you kind ppl. that can tell me where all the wires go.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I'll look in my book and get the right color that belongs to where on that merc.
    The gray wire you are talking about is located at the control box on an OMC unit. Yours being a merc it should have a connector at the control box also.

3. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    You are right it has a connector at the front of the control box I think one wire goes to ground and one to keyed power and one to the sense connection of the tach but as i said earlier, I dont know which one go where so Ill wait till i find out Thank you very much

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I have a 115 Mercury on my boat and will look to see what goes to what!