115 Johnson

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by billcatfish, Jan 4, 2008.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i walked out behind my boat to day an seen a some oil laying on the ground with a little plastic thing laying there with it iv seen this thing on the back of the lower unit around the top please tell me it didnt freeze up an break some thing thanks for the help

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Look and feel the lower unit real good and see if it has any cracks and how much oil did you see on the ground. This is why its important to drain and fill those lower units before the first freeze. If you can post some pictures of the piece and the lower where it came from.

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    to me it looks like an air vent if there is such a thing

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    yes i did look it over reel good an could not see any cracks i hope that is a plus it looks like the oil came out the hole were this plastic thing came from

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    That sounds like the water intake port. There could have been water standing in the little basket inside it and froze and busted it out. You will need to make one and put it back on it or it will suck trash down into the water pump. If the weep holes in the lower unit is stopped up you need to unplug it or if the engine is tilted you need to stand it up in the running position.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for the info ill try an post some pics of it in the next few day im heading to ky lake in the mornin so ill try an put then on on sunday

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Now without being there and looking at it I am going to have to get my book out and read up on that one.

8. last chance

last chance New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    If the oil that you see is black, it might be leaking unburned fuel oil from the exhaust inside the foot. I have a 115 evinrude that does this when I do much low speed running and when the foot is up it leaks out that hole and runs down the transome saver support. Check the foot oil and compare the color of the oil to see if this may be your same problem.Hope this helps.

9. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Is there a book or web sight I can find the blue book value of my outboard?

10. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Mike you don't know Bill. He doesn't go slow speed at all. It's either all or nothing. LOL:smile2:

11. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Sent you a PM, did not want to hijack this thread.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David