112 hp Johnson Motor

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by nuthinlikeacat, Jul 17, 2006.

1. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I recently bought a boat and it has a 1994 112 hp JOhnson on it. I have a heck of a time starting it, and was wondering if maybe someone could help. I am not that knowledgeable with these types of motors, but maybe someone can guide me through.

It runs like a top once you get it going and let it fast idle for a while.
    Doesnt miss or anything like that when you get it warmed up or have it wide open. It has a push button choke that you press when you turn the key. The only way it seems to want to go right away is if you keep the key turned and and keep cranking until it decides to fire. at that point you have to quickly put it into fast idle or it will die. sometimes I have to sit at the landing for a good 5 minutes before it will finally go.

Also, after boating for a while, I can turn the key off and it will fire right off, but if I wait even 20 minutes, it starts very hard.

I dont know if it matters, but I have to premix the gas and oil.It also idles around 1200.

If it is needed I can include the serial number in a later post.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Post that model number and what the compression is on all 4 cylinders.

3. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Here is the Serial #G03588415

My boat is at my place of employment, so I wont be able to check compression until tomorrow. Anything else I can check while I'm there?

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Yup, post the model number.