111 lb Catfish From Lake Monticello?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Zero, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    Heard one was caught breaking the SC record, figured y'all would be the ones to know. Don't take my word for too much, one of those heard it from someone who heard it who's cousin heard it kinda deals.

2. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    if it was caught,we would have seen it by now.i know if i would have caught it,you would have already seen it.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Makes sense to me. Not too many people are going to sit on news like that

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    If I had caught a 111lber it probably wouldn't survive! Cause I'd take plenty of pics and ride around showing everyone on the planet! There would be no question about it if I catch one. Everyone will know it.:smile2:

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Actually, the story is that some guy caught one 11# fish, and then in the re-telling the story got somewhat skewed :smile2::eek:oooh::crazy::big_smile::wink:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WoW. You know i believe thats the size of the blue at our bass pro shops.

7. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Anything is possible, we all know that place is loaded with huge monster blue cats. Although it's not like it to be true, but possible, why not ? Hear alot of BIG FISh stories down that way.

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Well guys i just don't believe it. I stop in at the G-Mart every week and if a lie gets started, i mean, if a big fish is caught these guys know who or where they caught it and i haven't seen any more blowed up photo's sense they caught the 80+lb fish over there. Haven't heard one word of a 111lb fish (yet):smile2: But all things are possible and one thing for sure if he was caught we will here of it.

I'm going by the G-Mart today, i'll update you guys later:smile2:

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It was 117 pounds. :wink:

Actually, there were two different fish around 117 pounds caught at different times. :crazy:

One lived in a bathtub for a few days. :eek:oooh:

10. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Have'nt herd that one yet. I'm not saying it ain't true but I've seen a lot of pics of those 100+ fish come out of Monty and I think some folks need to quit guessing and get a scale. The ones I seen might have weighed 50lbs, maybe! Go take a look at the 100+ fish in the bass pro shops tank in concord, now thats what one should look like!:wink:

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    That thing Pop Pop is holding up in his avatar looks like it might weigh 150 lbs:smile2: Looks like someone would put a 100+lb fish in the paper or something, or at least tell Charles Davis or Jimmy Jones so they could share it with the fishn world:big_smile: I know i haven't caught no big fish out of Monty in 10 yrs but at one time i hung something over there that would easy top the 100lb mark (the one that got away) but if i had got him to the boat, everyone would had known:smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Far be it from me to question, but I'll reserve judgement until I see the pics. I know for a fact that a person catching that monster would take at least a picture or two, if they wanted to be believed. I know I would.

They would hear me yelling all the way from Monty to the south end of Moultrie. My wife would probably hear me all the way to here in Georgia.
    Just my Opinion.

13. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its just another case of the mysterious monster mystery. Is is true. Or is it false. Noone knows for sure.:smile2:

14. fish hunter24

fish hunter24 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    So there is no pic of this fish how do u know it is real

15. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    (It's just a silly little rumor started by Flopeye just to get e'rybody all worked up :wink:)

16. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Well there's another factor that alot of people are forgetting.I think it was Pop Pop that used the term MAN COLAS. I have seen what those things do to a mans judgement first hand. Another one is, not too many fisherman carry a 150 pound set of scales, my digitals go to 100, if I exceed that, I'm going to the nearest Bi-lo.Like I said though, there's some big'uns down there. Could be like the lottery, waiting to carry it out to the letter. I have a feeling where the gold diggers my be headed:big_smile:

17. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Yep its true I caught that sucker while passing through on a cane pole with a 12 foot piece of 8 pound line . I was out of bait so I used a piece of bread off my peanut butter and jelly sandwich . Only reason it didnt make the news is because I didnt have a state lisence so I just brought it on home and ate it . It made a great fish fry .
    :wink:

18. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    now thats a proper ending to this story.im going to bury it in my hard drive.

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....I've seen a lot of pics of those 100+ fish come out of Monty and I think some folks need to quit guessing and get a scale...."

Amen from the choir loft!!!

20. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    WylieCat, that thing you holding up could pass for a 100lb fish. I want you or Pop Pop's picture taker to start taking photo's of my catch:big_smile:
    I'd be the first to tell a person that thinks they just landed a 60-70lb fish, don't weigh it, you will get your feelings hurt:smile2:
    Man they look big at night when they are all mad and up alongside your boat, under 6 inches of water with the light shinning down on them. Later when you look in the cooler for a 2nd look you say...........my goodness, what happen:crazy: