Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by cuttingout69, Feb 6, 2007.

1. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Here is what I took yesterday morning. This made #11 for me this season, and I not done yet. There is no greater feeling than seeing a cat in a trap for me. When I rounded the coner in the road, there was doe deer standing there looking at my set less than 10' away from the trap bed. I knew I could not have a cat if a deer was that close. I thought she was getting closer to smell the lure, when in fact she was looking at the cat in the trap. As I got closer, I could see she had her tounge out. LOL. I could not believe she got that close to a pissed off 20+# cat in a trap.

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thats a spotted beauty i love them when they got those dark spots , an so do the buyers you'll get a good price for that one CONGRATS.

3. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    that is a beautiful animal.....thanks for sharing the pic it was a nice shot....almost makes me want to sell my dogs and get a camra....lol

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    It looks like one angry Dude My Dad Traped them Also

5. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congats on the cat Michael.What type of trap did you use?

6. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I try to make all my cat set with #2 BMI Wolfers. They are 4 coiled traps with off set jaws. I love the offset jaws due to the fact they do not hurt the animal leg. If by chance you catch a non target animal, you can release them unharmed.

7. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I took #12 this morning. I made 5 cat set yesterday evening, her first trip through I took her. She is a nice size female with good spots.

8. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great Job! You are kicking butt man.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Way to go on those bobs

10. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I did not tell yall that I caught her on some lure I made myself. I made me some new castor based lure, and the first trip she made by she could not stand it. She had to check it out. When I put her on a board las night, I had to use adjustable board as she was to big around to put on a large cat board. It rain like a cow peeing on a flat rock last night, so I know my set are all washed out. I will remake them this evening when I get off work and she what happens. That anit bad tho, 5 set one night a nice 25+lbs female. I was tickeled to death that my lure did in fact take her. That was the only thing in or around the hole also. Well lure wise. I did have a few quail feathers around the hole to get her to nose in it. LOL