11' TIGER Rod help

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by HARVRAD2003, Feb 25, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Bought a 11' TIGER Rod on EBAY last year for around 20.00 it looks good, can tell it's been used but still in good shape--however I was wondering if anyone had any advise where I can take the rod in to get it checked or overhauled. I live in O'fallon Illinois so if anyone can give me any advise or help I'd appreciate it. The rod can handle 15-30 lb. test I believe and it now has a Diawa Emblem X-5500 20/230lb. Spinning reel on it. It seems the eyelits on the rod or good, however once I attach the rod together it's a bugger to get apart, are two piece rods pretty hard to seperate--this one takes some umf to loosen up.

2. Biker RN

Biker RN New Member

State:
    southern middle TN
    As far as having it checked out, I wouldn't bother. If it seems sound, guides and wrappings in good shape, reel seat and blank with no cracks just use it. I rub a little candle wax or parafin on the male section of the rod to help get the sections apart, works wonders. Don't use any kind of oil or WD-40 kind of sprays. They can eat the finish and rot the blank.

Hope this helps, good luck.

3. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Thanks BIKER RN the candle wax seems like a great idea, never would have thought of that, guess thats why BOC is here to help others in need.