11 Catfish bottom the 50 Lb Scale

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by TnShooter, May 10, 2007.

1. TnShooter

TnShooter New Member

State:
    E. Tennessee
    Best night I ever had.
    11 Cats caught, and the the stringer bottomed the 50 lb. scale
    All caught on shad heads.

[​IMG]

12 Lb Blue
    [​IMG]

After I tossed the fist on back in the guy next to me came running asking
    if he could keep them to eat, other wise I throw them back.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Clint sounds like you figured the fish out. That was a good night. You may need to buy a bigger scale. Thanks for sharing your story and keep up the good work.:lol: :smile2:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Bluecats!

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Great job on a nice stringer of fish. Sounds like you had fun.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I have a suggestion: If you know you're not going to keep the fish to eat, don't put them on a stringer in the first place - just let 'em go after you catch them.

Besides putting an unnecessary hole in their mouth, the stringer is a pretty cruel way to make them sit for an hour or two until you get around to letting them go. And if you run the stringer through their gills instead of putting a hole in their mouth, there's a pretty good chance you'll damage the gills, making them even less likely to survive after release.

5. TnShooter

TnShooter New Member

State:
    E. Tennessee
    They were kept, just not by me. Another guy there wanted them to eat.
    I have no intentions of eating any cats from that location, Even the signs say not to eat them, He said he had been eating them for years, So he wanted them, and I gave him mine. Should have seen the look on his face after I had thrown the first one back.
    He couldn't believe some one would throw a 5+ lb cat back.

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    If you were fishing the waters of Watts Bar Lake you did well not to eat them. There have been eating restrictions on cats in that lake since I can remember. People eat them all the time but they are gambling with their health. It is too bad too because Watts Bar has some great catfishing in it.

Cheez