11/4/07 Lake Greenwood Pb Channel catfish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JimmyJonny, Dec 5, 2007.

1. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Yesterday I had the chance to fish with Patmansc's and pop pop on Greenwood. We got out on the water and let me tell you...it was a picture perfect morning out there, no wind and the water looked like glass.

The bites were slow but our hook up rates were high. Nine fish were landed and 3 were lost... two of those lost fish were DD fish.

I've got to say that this trip could have come up empty handed and I still would have been a happy man... BUT IT DIDN'T, I'm happy to say that I broke my Channel cat Pb @ #13.

After a long day we were hoping for that last big fish. Then sure enough the pole in front of me bent slap over !!! I grabbed the rod and did my thing ; ) I got him up to the boat but the net was tangled up, I was freaking out, LOL. I didn't want that to be another lost fish and I knew it was my Pb. Needless to say pop pop got er done and scooped him up.

I tell ya, it really wasn't about the fish, it was about three guys enjoying each others company. We sat and talked about anything and everything. To be honest I almost feel as I've know these guy's for years, they didn't make me feel like I'm the "new guy". I like the fact that I can ask anything and not feel stupid for asking. They didn't care what I asked and explained everything in full detail.

Hats of to pop pop. That man knows what he is doing. The wind got bad out there but it didn't stop pop pop one bit. He got the drifts on perfect, if that was me we would have ended up in China somewhere, LOL. He showed me so much that I hope I remember it all. Heck, he even had me had me snell some hooks just to make sure I was doing it right, LOL. There are so many little details that can make your trip a successful one and these guy's made sure I learned ...

Here is a few of the pics, the one pop pop caught was a real nice fish at #10. He actually stopped fishing and told us it was our day to catch fish, not his. That alone shows a lot about him, these guys are true -BoC- members. The guys were telling me about other members that they have met and talked so highly of them that I can't wait to meet them myself. I really encourage members to make a point of it to meet other members, I promise you wouldn't regret it !!

http://imageigloo.com/images/7624100_1614.jpg
    http://imageigloo.com/images/9834100_1594.jpg
    http://imageigloo.com/images/2726100_1597.jpg
    http://imageigloo.com/images/5369100_1610.jpg
    http://imageigloo.com/images/7992100_1608.jpg

There was a lot of interesting things that happened during the day but I will leave it up to them if they what to post, LOL.

Enjoy the pic's
    -Jim-

Pat, and pop pop, I thank you for getting me out on the water, I had a great time... I can't wait to do it again ; )

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    That's great Jim, congratulations. Thanks for the pictures too!

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Nice fish Jim! Thats what the BOC is all about!

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds like you all had a great time out there Jim. My congrats to you on pb channel!

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Jim, I enjoyed it bud. The look on your face was priceless when I netted that big boy! :big_smile:

It's time for me to give credit where it's due. It was my grandma that instilled a fiery passion for catfishing in me when I was a little boy that still burns bright today. But It's my very good friend Chris Simpson's influence that refined my how,when,where and why of catfishing. So I'll give them credit for the success we had.:big_smile:

Jim, you can also thank Pat [ Perch-a-matic ]for the PB. It was his turn and he told you to go ahead and get it.:smile2:

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on your new PB Channel! Nice fish!

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    As usual... thanks for sharing Bro!

And that last picture is beautiful... makes me want to consider taking a camera out more often for those moments.

8. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    great report jimmy,nice pics and congrats on your pb,you were with 2 great guys,i have met pat before at monty,havent met doug yet but have traded a few pms back and forth,glad yall had a great time,thats what its all about:wink:

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice channels Jim... Thanks for the pictures

10. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice channel Jim.Then things are mean aint they?

Hats off to Pat (perch-O-matic) too for passing up his PB to let you have it.Takes a hell of a guy to do that but he will get another chance.

Congrats to Pop Pop for showin the boys a smacktacular day. ISYN

11. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Nice fish fellas, sounds like yall had another great day. Thanks for sharing.

12. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice catch fellows I am gonna have to get me one of those big greenwood channels to see what the fuss is about lol.

13. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Very nice gentlemen! Thanks for the pictures. Nice to see the BOC members fishing together.

14. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice job y'all...congrats jim on the pb...that one should stand for a while...them 13 lbers don't come everyday:big_smile:...pop pop is another successful graduate of C.S.U.C (Chris Simpson University of Catfishing) and the man knows how to fish and lay down a serious freakin smackdown...way to go pop pop on a great fishing trip...there's just one thing...did you get them guys to look into that little black pen and stare at the red light to erase their memory??:smile2:

15. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Remember what????? :crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

16. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Yea Chris, the fight is great !!. I did thank Pat, and the guy actually gave up the #10 also. His time is a comin, I'm sure of it. That sure was a kind thing to do and its well appreciated, thanks again.

-Jim-

And while I'm here thanks to the rest of yas that read my post ; )

17. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    I cant see the pics, i dont know whats wrong, but congrats to all of you on a great day of fishing, I know yall enjoyed it!

18. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats on the PB Jim. I have had a pleasure of fishing with quite a few members on here and no matter whether you catch fish or not it is a great time of fellowship on the water.

19. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Great pics thanks for sharing them.