11-3 through 11-6

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bigfatcat, Nov 7, 2007.

1. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    hunted saturday which was opening day for muzzleloader and right at light i saw a small 6 point that walked 30 yards from me i just let it walk by, then 10 minutes later saw a nice doe i was gonna shoot but she went into the battlefeild property instead of cutting through the land i hunt. then at 9:00 i had a button buck feeding right behind my standfor 45 minutes. when i got down and on the way back to the house i had a 4 point with 4 yearlings walk by me about 65 to 70 yards away. that afternon i saw a nice 8 point but it was to fr for my bow. then on monday morning my brother shot at 6:31 and this is his first year hunting, after that all i saw was a spike and anothe small 8 point chasing it out of the feild but couldnt get a shot at the 8. but i got back to the house and found out my brother got his first deer, it was a nice sized doe. he was excited. then the next morning in the same stnd my brother shot his doe i shot a 3 legged 3 point yeah it suprised me to but it was the first time i got to test out the new powerbelt pltinum bullets and they did there job. here is some pictures

2. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    forgot the pictures, you can see how nervus he was that was the first deer he has ever shot at.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      46.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      44.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      35.1 KB
      Views:

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Congrats to both of you! Wonder how the buck lost it's leg? Doesn't look like he's got anything below the shoulder.

4. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Congrats to the both of you on your deer. I have killed two three legged does. They lost their legs at the knee joint. I figure a farmer got them with a mowing machine or they got hung in a fence.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Matt on the 3 legged 3 point, also congratulations to your brother on his first deer. Sounds like ya'll are starting the year off right.

6. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I figure someone made a bad shot with a heavy caliber. Vern

7. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    congrats to you both i can smell backstraps on the grill from here

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    congrats on the deer guys! 3 legged deer are trophies of a lifetime. :smile2:

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrat sto your brother. May that be the first of many. First three legged deer I've seen with nothing but the shoulder. Would be interesting to know what happened.

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats on the deer! I got a three legged buck once. That deer was 3 1/2 years old and had a messed up rack. He was basically a huge spike with one antler that curled around and back like a goat. Both antlers have big bumps like mushrooms on the side of them.