11-07-09 Bartlett

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Snagged2, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Made a trip to Bartlett on Saturday...What's left of it,, it's really dropping..
    Matthew, was good to his word, and produced some nice bluegills, very nice baitfish..Thanks ,
    I tried to do good with them,, I used some swimming, and some cut.. was a fairly slow night as far as hits, but, I did have a Flathead take some cutbait about 7' under a float in about 19 ft of water.. He weighed in at 18 lbs..:big_smile: and, he tangled up my other rod line, and the bowanchor rope as well!! I didn't have anything else to do, so, I detangled everything successfully after I landed him. Took so long I had to change the battery in my headlight!!:wink:
    Only other success I had was about a 3# channel hit a nightcrawler..
    Dave,(Bubbacat) caught a channel and a carp. :big_smile:
    This morning was a bit cool to say the least.. Put on another layer from the usual,,If this keeps up, it's gonna be downright Cold soon!!:eek:oooh:
    Got gathered up and took some pictures and loaded up and drove home,, Went to download the pics, and I discovered to my dismay (I screamed like a girl), I'd left my digital film dingus in the cardreader, at home!!!:crazy: I could've sworn, I was seeing the pics on the camera as I was taking them,, and, I was...Somehow the camera stored the pictures, and I was somehow able to get them onto my computer..I don't know how exactly, but, it involved some cabling, and serious button pushing, more screaming..:tounge_out:
    Everything turned out OK:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey,good news,bubbacat didnt get skunked!!:big_smile: Nice flatty btw!

3. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
  4. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Nice flat Greg hope those gills helped!!!!! Thanks again to you and Dave for the gear!

5. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Greg, Glad to hear about your trip, and got some action. I know how you feel about your camera, I had put my game camera out for about a week, when I went to switch the dingus i realized I did not push the dingus all the in place, had 35 shots and nothing on my dingus!

6. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Nice flat! I was glad to hear you and Bubbacat were able to have some success.:big_smile: A flat worth their weight will try to tangle you up in everything possible.:smile2: that's there job.

7. swampbuster

swampbuster New Member

State:
    Utah
    Nice job Greg, So that's what a flat looks like....Next time maybe I'll be able to try Bartlet as well. I did realy like Rosie even getting no flats.
    :crazy:

8. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona

9. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    He said dingus!!!!!!!!:smile2:

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    [QUOTE He said dingus!!!!!!!!:smile2:[/QUOTE]
    ROFLMAO,,,,

Ok, Matthew,, Since you've recently obtained some new to you, gear,, It's imperative that you wear it out as fast as possible..:wink::big_smile:.. and, the bait did help in the acquisition of the aforementioned Pylodictis Olivaris!!!

11. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
  12. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    ROFLMAO,,,,

Ok, Matthew,, Since you've recently obtained some new to you, gear,, It's imperative that you wear it out as fast as possible..:wink::big_smile:.. and, the bait did help in the acquisition of the aforementioned Pylodictis Olivaris!!![/QUOTE]
    Awesome! Nice flat, would that have beeen your PB, had you not caught the 36 pounder? Super nice fish, and I am glad you some action! Great job Greg!

13. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    great looking flat greg! My kids have the day off wednesday from school. Im gonna try to take them out overnight on tuesday. were you able to catch any gills at bart?

14. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Didn't catch any bait at the lake, except a carp, on another boat.
    Water was looking a bit murky, and, never located any herds of gills..
    Hopefully, It'll be changed to the better by Wed..

Hey Rob, Yea, This is one of the nicer ones,, prev pb,, about 20 ish..
    I've been wanting to measure length and girth, as well as take the weight,, as, I think these fish look so much different from each other,, like, tall, short, stocky,lanky, etc.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  15. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Thanks for the report and pictures Greg. It's nice to know someone is catching flats in November. I will try one more time to get out on the 28th of the month. WELL SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!

16. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Last weekend sure was a prime time to be at the lake with the nice weather and zero storm systems..
    * I sure was wishing I was there...

* I am hoping to go this coming weekend, hopefuly a front does not come in the day before like it did last time I went...

* Now is the time to use the large baits..
    * I would not even mess with gills, just use carp...

~A

17. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    BTW Greg,
    Nice fish, by anyones standards.

18. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    nice fish bro!!! it is cool that no 2 flatts are alike there all deffent colors and sizes it just depends i think on what strukture thay are in:big_smile:

19. catman13

catman13 New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    Man what a chore getn him in LOL!!!at least its not like that for every fish ide be tuckersd outLOL

20. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    nice catch good looking fish.