108 lb catfish at BassPro Concord, NC

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by chewy, May 29, 2009.

1. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    Alright boys I was there today with my son and the fish went in the tank this morning. What a monster she is, she is swimming good but one thing that concerned me was her eyes were cloudy and the thorns on the fins were broken off. Other than that looks pretty good and was the star of the show.

2. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Thats great news I will have to drop by and see this one soon.

3. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    thats great, maybe it will make people realize, what is out there. Did it have a sign with her stating how long it takes to grow to that size , and why we should return them to the waters.

4. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    There was no information about the monster but she definitely stands out in the crowd. I was talking to some of the staff and told them that my buddy Mark is the guy who caught it and where. They could not believe that I came from Moncks Corner to see the fish. Actually I was picking up my son who lives in Concord and the car just seems to turn off the interstate at Concord Mills Blvd where Bass Pro is. Its a win win.

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I went buy sunday to look at him and pick out some rod/reels.
    It seems he has a taste for bass and carp. They told me a three pound bass disappeared and you can see that all three carp in the tank have bite marks on their bodies. I bet them carp are learning not to turn their back on that blue!:wink:

6. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is sooooo cool that it ate a 3lb bass and they didnt expect it.....Thought if they valued any fish in the tank with it under 10 lbs they would remove it lol

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Anybody have any pics of this behomoth?

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Got a feeling that blue will eat anything it wants to in that tank. A 3lb bass might only be a snack.:smile2::smile2:

9. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    Here is a picture for those who did not see it.

Attached Files:

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    WOW...."thats a HOG". If you can find pictures of it in its new enviroment....I would like to see them. Thanks!:big_smile:

11. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Me,my wife and my niece made a trip up to BPS Concorde today to pick up a few things and check out the Big Cat,it is really a Hawg,the fish looks great as far as I can tell,It surely wasnt shy about posing for a few pictures,Heres the best of what I got.Enjoy:

Attached Files:

12. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Here are a few more:

Attached Files:

13. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Those are some good pics of the fish, but you know a picture doesn't do that fish justice on how big it is in person.

14. SCcatman

SCcatman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I will have to make a trip to BPS to see this, what a fish, I don't know what I would do if I hooked into one that size! Im curious as to the rod/reel/line setup used to land a fish of that caliber.

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    THANKS FOR THE PICS!

16. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    That is a big fish.Sounds like it might be the only one left in the tank if it keeps eating that way.

17. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Saw her tonight. Wow that's a big fish. I thought there used to be some crappie and more bream in there. Maybe she ate them. I was surprised to see a couple of bream left in there. I don't know if she was just getting them out of her way or was thinking of eating them but she kind of got after one of the bream and one of the gar while I was there.

18. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I was up at Bass Pro on June 18 to see the little kitty. It was not as long as I thought it would be but it was really fat. The smaller fish seemed to hide out when it came near them.

19. Gaffney Catman

Gaffney Catman New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I went yesterday to see the big cat - what a monster! One of the guys working there said that the big cat grabbed a 21lb catfish from the tail end and started chewing up about half way his body then let go of him. He did not eat the 21lber but the little fish (21lber) died later.

20. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I would hate to be a fish in that tank. Well at least i know what i'm after now. I just hope someone is fishn with me that day :smile2: I guess i need to make a trip down that way, i need some hooks.