106 Steps To Catch Bait!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Aug 9, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If anyone wants to know, unless I got dizzy..LOL... Spillway road was closed today due to recent pavement! Had to walk down the lake dam side to the STEPS! :eek:oooh: Yes, I say STEPS! :roll_eyes: And dam or damn!:cool2: Don't look like far, but 20 into it... I had to stop and look around at the area to take in the beauty!..... At 27, I acted like someone was calling my cell phone, and sat down for a conversation!!!!!! Midway!,,,,, Luckily no one was around for my sign language!:smile2: Once I arrived at the spillway for bait, I just wanted to go back where I just came from...!.
    Needless to say, on the way back over the hill, I think there is 106 reasons to not get bait there again! :big_smile::wink::dribble: rollo

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    thats to many for this ol man lol think i would've found bait else where i would've had to take 4 breaks on that hill:smile2:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Keith, thats too many for me! LOL... I know I won't see them rails again when getting bait. LOL..... rollo

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    If I had to take that many steps there would have been at least three or four sit down breaks lol. Too old for that anymore. Guess we all need the exercise but dang thats craziness...

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jason what were they doing to it, I went down there last weekend and it was already paved or are they paving the upper area also?

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The roadway, and parking lot was just a base coat before I imagine. Looked like they put the top coat of asphalt on everything, and it needs to be striped now. They had the road closed probably to let it sit for a day or two would be my guess. After walking them dam steps up the hill, I didn't feel like walking on over to survey the actual reason, but thats what it looked to be from the distance.:big_smile: rollo

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats too many dam steps for bait...:smile2:
    I'd have had to stop 5 or 6 times, even more if I was packing anything at all.:eek:oooh:
    I keep telling myself I'm getting too old & broke down to fish but I keep on anyway.:wink::big_smile:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hope ya all know, im not lazy by no means. When I say steps I mean stair-steps up a mountain! LOL.. Not walking steps.:smile2: rollo

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I know what you're saying, there are steps like that up a dam at a lake close to here. Haven't attempted those in years!:eek:oooh:
    I can make it a lot farther if its level, its those mountain like steps that get me...:smile2:

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    In one way Im glad they are paving it down there but another I liked the mud and such I think it kept some of the traffic down LOL. It looks too good now :smile2:

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Jason,
    Hopefully the climb back was all the more harder cos you had a five gallon bucket of bait? Please tell us it was well worth it...W

12. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think I'd rather park in the lot further up the road and walk to the rip rap on the lake side of the dam than try to climb all those steps... I've seen 'em!

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    It would probably be an easier walk and if all your doing is going for bait then a small pole and something to carry them in it wouldnt be that bad.

14. TheFlatheadWhisperer

TheFlatheadWhisperer New Member

State:
    ohio
    LMAO rollo. ive been there and done that. ur not talkin about dillon are ya. lol:smile2: