100th birthday card

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by river scum, Feb 18, 2009.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    today i got a card for my great grandmas birthday. she will be 100 in march,born in Lagrange TX. 1909 she now lives in Houston TX. this is one card ill keep for sure!

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    What a milestone that is in any family! Boy I'll bet she could tell us stories about changes she's seen and how she has lived and survived in this world for hours if we could get her to..Please tell her happy birthday on that day from me! I bet she has really seen some memories in her lifetime. maybe you could get a small recorder and get her to talk about the most important times in her life, and things that left an impression on her. What a NEAT thing that would be for you and the children of the family!

3. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    My aunt Ginny will be 102 the end of may. She remembers the Titanic sinking. Among many other things. Her mind is as sharp as I wish mine was.

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Wow ya'll REALLY need to get a recorder and tape some family stories from these 2 ladies, if they are the type to get nervous about being recorded then get them to telling that family stuff and sit and laugh and have fun with them then play it back for em! I wish I had done that with my grandfathers and grandmothers..Most people really don't mind if ya tell em though and would be a family history to cherish forever!

My mother's mother was an accomplished musician (played EVERY instrument she could get her hands on by ear, and honey she played them WELL!) and knew songs from the day that we won't ever hear again, probably and I would give ANYTHING to have that on tape. I always encourage folks to do that.