100lbs of venison goodies

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Dec 12, 2009.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i started out with 85 lbs of venison and 15 lbs of pork. through the grinder.

now i have 11 rolls 30 lbs of summer sausage in the smoker at 121 degrees. its got diced jalapenos and hi temp chedder cheese in it. another 12 rolls of bologna w/peppers & cheese 30 lbs awaiting in the fridge to be smoked.

right now in the middle "taking a break now" of stuffing 15 lbs of "smokin jalapeno" flavor sticks with 2 lbs of cheese and shredded jalapenos in it in 22mm casings and 4 of the 2 lb summer sausage size.

then on to 25 lbs of brats. making some hot itialian with jalapenos and regular itialian. some breakfast maple flavor and ill be adding 50% pork to 50% venison in that batch for added juiciness and fat.

wish me luck lol. ill have a bunch of pics tuesday when im done smoking and packaging and of course sampeling.:smile2::cool2:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    sound's great Jeremy,You got plenty for the Holiday's.

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    What did you say your adress is...ill stop by...but you have to be in bed and when you wake up to an empty smoker...it was the coons!!!:eek:oooh::wink::smile2::roll_eyes::smile2:

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Need any help with the sampling?:wink:

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    HI Jeremy, wish ya lots of luck. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Jaime

6. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
  7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jeremy,we just gotta meet and get some ideas from one another. Thanks for another great mouth watering post.:wink::dribble::dribble::dribble:

8. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    What time you eatin?:smile2:

9. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Jeremy, Any chance I can get on your christmas list. All sure sounds good!
    thanks for the post!
    PM me if you want my mailing address. lol
    :dribble::haha::dribble::dribble:​

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds great Jerm. Hopefully i can get another with bow or muzzle loader and have some summer sausage made. Dang i'm hungry now.

11. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    Man I just had breakfast and now I am hungry again lol. Sounds good post some pics when you can.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    now im really gonna get ya lol. heres the pics. the first is the host animal. im mounting it for my friends dad. he saved his late season tag for a doe and gave me the meat from this 8 pointer

[​IMG]

i stuffed 25 lbs of summer and bologna with hi temp cheese and jalapenos.

[​IMG]

smoked it at 100 with hickory for an hr and then raised to 150 with smoke till sausage hit 135. then held it there for 2 hrs. raised the temp to 180 untill the sausage hit 155.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after it hit 155 it went to a cold water bath for 20 min and then to fridge overnight. then froze.

[​IMG]

turned out great. first is summer and second is bologna on left and the jalapeno flavor on right. they were real moist and great flavor. 12 rolls of bolo and 11 summer and 5 of jalapeno.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    heres the fresh sausages. made 6 ish of each hot itialian with whole fennel. added jalapenos. swiss braut and itialian. then added 4 lbs of pork to the last batch and made maple breakfast flavor. its the lighter stuff. stuffed into hog casings.

[​IMG]
    actually mixed seasoning and bagged into fridge overnight to blend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cant wait to try these. the summer was real good as well as the bologna. made 16 lbs of stix. i ran out of casings so thats why i made some in the summer sized rolls to finish off. havent smoked the stix yet. that will be tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Looks like no one is gonna go hungry this winter!

The deer sausage looks good!:cool2:

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Wow Tan,you left the dark side of H I .:wink::smile2::smile2::cool2:

16. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Now I am hungry, had to go get some Italian hard sausage. Venison sausage, brats and ground patties for breakfast. MMMmmmm, MMm, good.

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Looks awesome Jerm, ever thought of doing it as a business along with your taxidermy??, could be profitable during the deer season once you get some folks hooked...:wink:

I like the pic with the deer in it, the rabbit is HOLY CRAP!!! I probably NEXT!!!! :smile2:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Richard,

All my life I have always been intrigued with deer hunting. My father and grandfather showed me everything about fishing, but unfortunately nothing on deer hunting.

I just don't have anyone out there to show me the ropes and take me under their wings and show me the art of deerhunting and harvesting.

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya with the usda and all the food laws crap i dont mess with that. however i do processing for friends. i accept tips but dont charge sort of thing.

ya those rabbits see all sorts of things they probably dont understand,lmao.

i fried up some of those maple breakfast links today. WOW!. awesome. i got my seasonings from excalibur seasonings in pekin illinois. they do have a website if anyone is intrested. they produced great quality foods. just google them. i wouldnt reccomend the smokin jalapeno stick flavor. didnt really care for it. tasted salty. everything else was top notch.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009