1000th blue cat of 2007!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by EricM, Dec 12, 2007.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    I've been keeping records all year, and I realized I was within 7 fish of catching 1000 blue cats on rod and reel in 2007! We are having extremely warm weather (ending tonight), so I thought I'd take advantage of the approaching front and find some nice cats. Wrong! They were scattered all over and were really hard to find, and the big fish were gone. I took a friend for ballast, and between us we caught 15 small cats today, the largest being 10 pounds, and a number of them were under 1 pound! Luckily, I managed 8 fish, so I reached 1000 blue cats for 2007, although #1000 was a tiny little blue. Geez, 1000 blue catfish in a year! Who'd have thought it???!!

Attached Files:

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    That sure was a big cat to be #1000.glad you have had good luck this year.

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Wow,
    That is quite the achievement. Congratulations on counting to 1000.:smile2: Just kidding around.

Seriously, congrats on catching and keeping record of 1000 + fish in one year. Big or small they all are fun in my book.
    Thanks for sharing,
    David

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Eric you old sidewinder that is the same fish you put in my back pocket:smile2:

Way to go and kinda neat keeping track of how many you have caught this year. Looking forward to getting back on the water with you again.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on # 1000 blues this year. Mayabe not a keeper but definitely a counter. Thanks.

6. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Very impressive stats my friend.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Guys I want you to understand the meaning when I say this guy ain't no ordinary fisherman. He eats and lives fishing. I am talking he even fishes for spots and crappie also. One amazing fisherman. I saw him set on the front of my pontoon and catch fish when the rest of us wasn't getting nothing but a cold. This guy is great to fish with and will readily share his insight at a single spoken word of a hint for the knowledge.
    Eric My hat is off to you big man. Also watch him he's a practical joker to.:big_smile:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats quite an achivement,Eric thanks for postin ,makes me wonder just how many I could get ,No where that many ,cause I aint got that much time but I might try for 100 :smile2:

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the 1000th cat caught, and the one that set the record that weighed 1000th. of an ounce!! lmao! rollo

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congratulations Eric!!! Man 1000 Blues that SURE beats the Hell out of the 9 Blues I put in the boat. Well there is Only one thing that will make Me feel better now,And that is I'll have to go Buy Me another New Rod and Reel!!! I bet that will Help Don't Ya Think? Only problem is I'll have to Sneak it in the house,cause the Little Wife thinks I have to many already.Silly Women.LOL J.D.

11. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    That's a pretty good achievement. Hope you catch 2000 next year. I hope I catch 10 next year. :0a17:

12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Eric, Nice job on the jumbos along the way. Real nice fish man. Congratulations!!

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Good gravy Eric, I knew you had caught a bunch but man 1,000 is fantastic. Do you ever go home?LOL Congratulations buddy.

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Now THAT is truly a great feat. Keep after em Eric. Nice work in 2007 and best wishes to you in 2008.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That is one heck of a year of fishing (at least it to me). It looks like I need to get out more often!

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    One thousand Blue Cats in one year! :crazy: Wow, that is awesome! Eric you the man! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

17. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congrats on your 1000th cat.:006:

18. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats Eric! It's good to know that we (as fishermen) have folks out there that "love and respect" our sport like you!:wink:

19. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    Wow! I don't think I even catch 1000 fish in a year. And that includes the bait! LOL
    Speaking of bait, what do you use to catch that many blues?

20. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Congratulations, Eric - that's quite an accomplishment. Gives the rest of us something to shoot for :big_smile: