1000lb hog taken in Alabama

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by catstalker459, May 25, 2007.

1. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    hey guys look on yahoo...they have a story of the largest hog taken 1000lbs wow

thanks

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is one big monster, thanks for sharing.

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Wow unbelievable 500- 700 pounds of sausage thats alot of breakfast.

4. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    My Goodness,

Thats amazing. We use to hunt in an area along the Buckatunna creek and they said there was hogs big enough to carry you off down in there. It was on the MS/AL line. All the years that we roamed the 100+ acres, we never came across any hogs. Saw where they had wallered and tracks and such, but never any hogs. Stopped a hunter going in there one day and he told us to always keep a BIG tree within running distance...we were in a broomsage field one afternoon and we had heard something up ahead of us. All I could do was look at my husband and say, in so many words ... darn No Tree. :lol:Nvr saw anything but darn if that Hog wouldve been a monster to stumble on. :crazy:

Thanks for sharing.

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Disclaimer: I ain't a hog-hunter :wink:

Was "Hogzilla" ever verified? If I recall the story, it was "shot & buried" with a backhoe :roll_eyes:.

This new hog looks like a bogus pic to me, look how far the kid is posed behind the hog, and why prop the hogs head up on a log???

I smell a Photoshop-job..................

Smitty

6. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    thats what i was thinkin, but wanted ppls opinoions as well

7. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, I'm one of them "glass half-empty" kinda guys.....after looking at the pic again, what are the odds of this hog being killed, folding-up & landing on it's belly? If it was rolled for the pic, how long would it have taken to round-up enough muscle to do so, and then why does it appear to still have a wet/muddy side when the surrounding groung is dry as a bone? And do hogs expire with an open mouth? I think it was a (much) smaller hog, still breathin', wallerin' & squealin' when it had it's pic taken.

Inquiring minds want to know..................

Smitty

8. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    JMHO-I belive that there was a little editing involved with this pic. JMO

9. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yes, The original Hogzilla was dug up and verified by a team of scientists. They determined that hog weighed around 750 lbs. They also found through DNA tests that it was half domestic and half wild.
    The original Hogzilla was eating a certain fish food at a fish farm, the food was designed to make the fish grow very fast. There was a show on the discovery channel about this. Hope you never bump in to one of these hogs in the woods without a gun!

10. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info Tom, I'd wondered about it after it (the story) kind of faded away. Still.....an interesting story.

lol, no worries, my Ruger is my "American Express".......never leave home without it :wink:

Thanks
    Smitty

11. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's still a LOT of prokchops!!

12. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Can you imagine how many third world countries this one hawg could feed?:eek:oooh:

13. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Not sure if this a fake picture or not. If it is then shame on them. If it isn't then congrats to the kid. I guess we will all have to wait to see how it turns out.

14. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Now that a big pig.

15. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Looks fake to me. I'll believe it after I see the 11 yr old kid fire his .50 cal 8 times.

16. twphantom

twphantom New Member

State:
    Victoria, Australia
    I'm with you, Capt Steve - and if he did hit it 8 times as claimed, I'd like to know where the first 7 rounds hit, 'cos a 50 cal round just about anywhere would do serious damage - can't see how the porker survived for three hours wounded. Quote from Smith and Wesson, re their 50 cal revolver -It fires a new .50 calibre cartridge that the company said "produces nearly three times the muzzle energy of the .44 - or enough stopping power to bring down a charging bear." Muzzle velocity is rated at 2600 foot/lb for a standard round.

Good luck to the kid if the story is real - though the idea of an 11 year old running through the woods with a 50 cal revolver is a bit scary.

17. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I seen a show a few weeks ago on discovery or something like that about it. I think it was only like 750lbs and maybe 7-8 foot. Can't remember correctly but it's legend was bigger than actual hog. As for that hog in the picture i don't what the heck that is. If its good photoshopping or the real deal. Guess only time will tell cause thats a monster hog.

18. CantFish86

CantFish86 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That thing is HUGE =) and didnt they say hozzilla was a fake on discovery? Any ways thanks for sharing.

19. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    That is a huge hog, it was taken in my own town. That is good :lol: