$100 spending money from Christmas...what should I get??

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mhbomber, Dec 27, 2009.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I have about $70, and a $30 gift card to bass pro. I'm stopping by on Monday and I'm trying to figure out what to buy. I have all the rods and reels I need right now, a fish gripper and scales....what would you buy??

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Hooks and a sinker mold because thats really all you need.:wink: Every thing else is just stuff.:smile2: Maybe a throw net too.:roll_eyes:

3. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    ditto:big_smile:

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I agree,sinker molds are gonna save you a lot of money in the future.Seems like you can,t have too many hooks either.:wink:

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree about never having to many hooks! Shoot seems like I run out in 2 weeks! Well gotta throw in where I fish there is lots of rock and snaggy timber etc. :angry:

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    All good advice. I can only add you wait until January to purchase. Bass Pro will put alot of there 2009 inventories on substantial discounts as they make room for the 2010 things. Dont be in a hurry, and watch there website and sales flyers closely and you can get your money to go a long way. I would also recommend that you buy things you cannot find cheaper on the internet. Hooks can be had far cheaper in internet land than at basspro. :wink:

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't forget about cast nets if you catch your own bait. You can never have to many cast nets. You never know when the lake or river is going to demand your current net as an offering.

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    If ya don't already have one, get an auto inflate life vest. They aren't cheap but that free money you got will cover most of it...W

9. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    I had some free money and invested it in swivels, hooks, line, and a darn good chair to set in while I fish.

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ

I like that free money too!!! Sounds like you spent yours wisely!! :big_smile:

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Hooks line swievel's you can get them any time of the year...I'd spend the momey on a good water proof jacket that will last for years

12. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Castnet and sabiki rigs.

13. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck Matt there is alot of good things to spend that on out there for sure.