100 LB DIGITAL SCALE

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishcatcher, Apr 28, 2009.

1. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I am looking for a scale that will go up to 100lbs but the ones I have found only go up to 50. Just wandering if anyone out there had any suggestions on where to get one and maybe what brand? The scale doesnt have to be digital but would be nice. Im not looking spend a fortune on the scale either that is my other problem. Any info would be great. Thanks

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cabela's has a spring scale model that has a 50lb, 100lb and a 150lb model...runs up to $39.99 I think. I attached a pic from Cabela's site.

I just lucked into a Berkley TEC 100lb digital scale for $35.99. Sportsman's Warehouse in Lafayette is going out of business and they had it marked down by 70%. It's a pretty slick little outfit- dual sided, back-lit, digital readout. But they run round $100 normally...dunno how much you are willing to spend. You get what you pay for with the digital scales.

Attached Files:

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rub it in :tounge_out: lol

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    What makes you think you are going to need that 100lb scale anytime soon?:wink:

5. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana

Just saying he should look into one...:roll_eyes:

6. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You never know man...you never know...

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh, he thinks I'm gonna take him fishing:roll_eyes:

8. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I dont care who I fish with as long as I catch giant cat!!!! When we going?:smile2: I thought since i am starting to fish the ohio river more and more it only made since to buy a 100lb scale instead of a 50lb. I would hate to catch a monster there and the scale max out at 50. I caught a flathead there last year on my first trip on the ohio in my own boat In a place I had never fished before. We estimated the fish to be at least 40 but could have been bigger. I wish I would have a scale then. Yes bill, if you are that good then I really need to fish with you. Thanks brothers.

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, I was just trying out my flathead frenzy trash talk alittle and razz Ben some ... how'd I do?

If you fish the Ohio, We'll hook up and go sometime this year.... If I'm going to try to compete at all in this FHF competition, thats where I'll have to fish more often- in the Indiana waters of the Ohio.

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I just purchased a berkley digital tec 100lb scale and I gave $89.99...plus shipping & handling. It cost me $100. That is high considering last year they were $69.95. They work great and I'm glad to have them. I might of been able to save some money however if I had done some checking around first. I got mine from catfish connection.:angry: