100 lb catfish near Baxley??

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by cherokee laker, May 1, 2006.

1. cherokee laker

cherokee laker New Member

State:
    georgia
    Anybody heard of a big Cat being caught in the Altamaha near Baxley in the last week?

I am hearing rumblings about it all over down here. Can't seem to find out any details (bush hooked)

cl

2. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I haven't heard anything but I will have to check my Ga. sources to find out. I made a copy of a picture of a flathead that was 92lbs caught around Baxley back in the late 90's. Older man caught it on a limbline. Nice fish. I would think that there has to be a few flatheads that are over 100 pounds in the Altamaha. Biggest I have seen personally was 96 pounds. That was an awesome fish!!

3. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Spoke to a biologist friend of mine in Waycross and he said he thinks he saw a picture of it and that it was 95 lbs. A couple of 90 plus pound fish from around Baxley? Wonder what the nuclear plant is putting in the water up there? :)

4. Jack Herber

Jack Herber New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Check this months GON (Georgia Outdoor News). They have a pic. The darn thing covers the guys tailgate. Unfortunately, the story goes on to say how he gave some of the steaks to his sister. No CPR here. Also, it was on a limb line.

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Is this a new state record? And was it a flathead or a blue?

6. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    It was a flathead. I have heard there are blues in the Altamaha though. It was not a state record. Georgia will only allow catfish caught by rod and reel as a state record.