Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a ride over to indiana sunday to my cuz jerrys house.He told me his brother and friend maynes caught about 15 channels sunday.So monday we loaded up his jon boat and we went over to the local lake.We get in the boat and go to the spot and i pick up one of my rods and the drag knob was broken.They caught about 3 or 4 or so channels.I started fishing with my other rod and then the brass pin in the handle broke on my reel i only used 4 or 5 times.I was then PO.They caught about twenty between them and i had only two.We moved to another spot then the fun began.We started catching doubles,triples and couple quadruples.Maynes and me used one rod while cuz was using two and we all had one on he got another one on his second rod.I had a run of about 12 cats in about 15 casts.It was a blast!!We lost probably 20-30 fish on route to the boat.We stopped counting around 70 and if we would of stayed till dark we would of caught 100.They ranged from one pound to about 9 lbs.We kept our 10 fish limit each and put back anything that was over3-4 lbs as we caught them.We used frozen sucker minnows that we seined last fall.Also maynes caught about a 2 lb sucker he cut up in chunks and we used that also.Maynes caught a few on redworms too.Got some pics with a disposible camera and post when i get roll developed

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Now that sounds like fun Mike. Congrats.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.