10 year old daughters 1st OR tour.

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by skippi2use, Sep 27, 2009.

1. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have promised my daughter that when she turned 10 she could start fishing on the river with me and even in a tour.. Man is she a trooper. Shes more of a fisherman than me bro. We had 2 fish in the boat when the lightning started around 9:30 we went to the ramp to sit it out. She didnt want to. Over ruled by dad. Told her 15 min without lightning we would go back out. Well finally at 10:30 lightning stopped. Went back out and caught 10 more fish in the next hour. Wound up with 46-49 pounds. 18# big fish had 6 in the box on the way back in and before we got to the ramp asked how many fish for weigh in. Glad I did because I musta missed it in the meeting. It was 4 fish tourn. wound up in 2nd place. The guy who won it had 54#s I believe. With a beautiful 39#something flatty. Didnt take any pics sorry guys. Salmonid did as he was running the tour. I couldnt get a picture to turn out. Maybe I can get him to post it on here for me. Allison baby girl happy birthday and I love you. Thanks for going with me. Cant wait till the next one. Love dad.

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man, ur making me misty eyed.. Glad u all have great trip and torn. So who took in the big fish in your boat???

3. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    congrats on the tourney finish .. and to your daughter for being a trooper.

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good job on the 2nd place. Allison, Happy birthday!

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Sounds like you have got a hardcore partner there...W

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats on fishing trip and 2nd place in tourney

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats awesome shane. congrats on second place. i was gonna go but the rain kept me from thinking about it.

8. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    shane congrats to you and your daughter! thanks for sharing your trip with us. keep up the good work.

does this mean your old tourney partner is looking for a replacement?? lol

9. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice post shane and congrats to you and your daughter sounded like a good outing. And tell her happy birthday!!!!:wink:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats to you and your daughter on enduring an electric storm and for taking 2nd place. She is a keeper.

11. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    was basically just for Allison to see. Thanks everyone!!!

12. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats and Happy Birthday Allison. Stay safe and keep on sticking 'em!!!:wink:

13. garr catcher

garr catcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Congrats to u and allison on the tourney and happy b-day. Need more dads like u shane

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  14. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Congrats Allison! :009: Your dad needs you in the boat as a good luck charm, second place is a very good finish!! Just ask him how he did in the Rising Sun tourny without you in the boat....btw hope he shared the winnings with you:wink:

15. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Shane and Allison congratulations on taking second place. Allison happy belated birthday. You got an awesome dad. Now Shane if you could find a tournament that would allow 6 man teams you would be set.:wink: Just need to set up a diaper changing station on that new livewell you made and you would be rolling in the tournament money!!

16. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That is LOW blow!!!!She got all of the money!!!! Thanks!

17. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    NO WAY!!! thanks justin

18. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Congrads on the finish!!! I'm sure it made her day and hopefully one she will never forget.