10 pound trout

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by bluehunter, Apr 2, 2006.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I went astray and fished a trout derby this weekend. Did pretty well. Biggest was a 10.8 pounder. Biggest in the derby was 17 pounds. I did not even place, but had fun anyways. Lake was Santa Ana river Lakes in so cal. Trout ate a mini jig topped with a meal worm. A good combination. Take Care!

Brian.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7203&d=1144022899

2. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That is a really nice trout. In my area there are not even trout close to being that big. I could not even imagine catching one that size.

:thumbsup:

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    nice trout there bluehunter. I do a lot of trout fishing right now we are getting bows around 6.5 pounds average.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey B.H.,

:eek: That's a nice Trout you got there, and you didn't even place :confused:

There must be some big Trout in the lake that you got that one from, because "that's a good one"!!!!!

:0a23:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

5. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    That is a nice fish. Thanks for sharing.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I see trout like that anytime I want. I just drive down the the little lehigh trout hatchery and take a look in one of the raceways. now if only I could see them in fishable waters............... :(

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats a huge trout. We dont have those around here. At least I dont think we do.

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thanks guys.

Yeah Bert they have big trout in that lake. lake record is 27 or 28 pounds. I fish there every now and then mostly for derbies because I am not an advid trout angler. But I do know how to get them. I may start going for them more like I use to just for the fun.

9. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    Killer trout man i bet he put up a hell of a fight:thumbsup:

10. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Brian, I havn't fished for trout in years, But they are alot of fun and good eating, Thanks for sharing with us.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thanks Tom. Its been a few years for me as well. As a matter of fact I had to dust off my trout rods and reels and clean them prior to the trip. But I am going to start fishing for them again. hey btw, the heads and the guts make great cat bait.

12. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    thats is one huge fish I bet it put great fight

13. lightningmetal10

lightningmetal10 New Member

State:
    new york
    Nice fish man... Long island has like no fish that size lol... Im lucky to catch 2#'s if that... But they do the job they fight and taste good haha
    Joe

14. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
  15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian,

That's a nice trout! I've caught many but none like that size!

Thanks for sharing. :)

16. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Hey Dayton you ever come out this way I can take you to a couple of lakes I fish where you get bows and browns in the 5 to 10 pound range all day long.

17. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    This bow here aint one of the biggest we catch but it wasnt to bad she was a short one at 19 inches but man she was fat and it wasnt eggs or food in her she a big fat bow but she was average weight she tiped the scales at 5.2 pounds on 3 different scales. infact won me a free lunch lol. so if anyone in the area wants to go after some lottle rainbows like them let me know we can hook up and go.

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Merle,

I would have taken you up on that a few years ago. We fished the high lakes in Colorado. Most rainbows were under 4 pounds. But there were plenty of them.

19. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    There sure isnt anything like catching a nice bow on a fly rod up in the streams. I sure value that memories I have fishing streams and rivers with my dad and uncle when I was growing up and all done on flys most of the time.

20. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele

I caught the 81 pounder on cut mackeral head. It is illegal to use trout at state and county lakes.