10% of members post

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Buddrice, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Just a thought and it hurts when I think.I noticed that on most threads of all the viewing only about 10 % of the members that view a thread makes a post.I know every now and then I will read something that I feel doesn't pertain to me so I don't reply.Out of curiousity why do you not reply to a thread.I just thought this might be a good question...
    :big_smile:

2. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am like you, really.....if it don't pertain to me, I normally don't respond. Yet, if I feel I have something worthwhile to say, I will at least say, "'Hiya! This is what' or ' I knew a fella' or 'been there, done that'. All in all, I don't know about others, but if I feel I can bring something to the table, I bring it. If not, I don't....make sense?!?!?!?!?!

3. Bill_Gibbs

Bill_Gibbs New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I was taught at a young age rather to be thought of a fool then to open my mouth and remove all doubt:big_smile:

I'm not very chatty I guess

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I post when it pertains to me or I think I can help out. If I have ever had any experiance with it, it is funny, or informative I will post.

Info on a lake in Alaska I just kinda advoid. Have no info on it.

Alot of members are scared to post I think, or feel their knowledge is not needed. I wish all members that could post would, everyone has knowledge that someone else does not know.

Good thread Bud.

5. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    At times it seems that my mind is only in the receive mode. Can't get it to transmitt.

6. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    most of the time i cant uderstand myself let alone try to get someone else to understand me just ask my wife lol

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    MATT! You make a post when your toast pops outa the toaster! LOL!

If its somethin that don't pertain to me or is in an area geographicaly that I'm far a way from. I tend to just read. I also don't participate much in the Flathead conversations cause they ain't up here.

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO

LMAO, wondered who would speak up first Big George. hehehe

9. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    He just beat me to the punch is all Tea. WHere ya gonna be at today for lunch? Plan on running into anymore animals and totalling out your car, or how bout taking a pic of your speedometer going 110, and let us not for get all your.... .... ..... . .. ... ... morse code posts! LMAO

10. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    If I can help with something or if it pertains to something I know I will try to post. But I also like read and learn from the best.

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Lunch will be a Slim Fast Shake. Diet still going well.

Running into Animals?? Nah, trying to quit that. Gets expensive after a while. LMAO

Taking a pic of speedometer going 110?? Did I ever do that?? LMAO, that Rental car will never be the same.

Not..........sure.........what..........you..........are............talking......about.

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This morning when I logged on, there were 938 new posts. It is #1, almost impossible to view them all and #2, reply to most of them. I try to view those that interest me to learn. I'm not particularly wanting to submit a "me too" just to see my name in lights...:smile2:

13. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's pretty much as they said. If I can't make a somewhat meaningful contribution, I won't post.

There are a few times that I will post to say "thanks" because a post helped me out, but usually I'll skip that and give them rep points.

14. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    This is not a post. It is jst my thoughts being conveyed thru th eputer. when they sdd omething hat is pertainnent they pop on the screen.

15. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    If I think I have something helpful then I will post but if I don’t know much on the subject then I will just try to learn.

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I respond if I think I can help. Evidently I am not posting enough.
    You guy's need a lot of Help!:eek:oooh: :lol: :big_smile: lol

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I try to throw my 2 cents worth in when I feel like I can contribute. I havent started to many posts but I try to share what limited knowledge that I have on things that work for me. And from reding posts and the library I have learned alot from this site in the short time that I have been here. 777

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    As of rite now 17% of the folks that viewed it posted. LOL!

19. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    My grandfather taught me as a kid:
    "You have 2 ears and one mouth for a reason."
    I still try to abide by that rule today.
    I see no point to the "yea, me too" or "i have outdone you" posts just trying to be better that the guy before you. I am still new enough at this sport that I am learning like a sponge. I dont feel like I have anything to offer yet.
    I dont care for useless information, so I dont force my useless information onto someone else. Oh, and its a waste of time and bandwidth. (Im a network guy)
    Fastman

20. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    This thread don't pertain to me so I won't make a post. :big_smile: