Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at 10 foot casting, rods, any, thoughts, got to play with a new Tiger stix, seem, to have fair back bone, like fast tip, not real big on whippy action, threw 6 oz, a lot fishing for Blue cats, have owned Pro Angler, Whisker Seekers, also new Tiger stix, do you guys have any suggestion. tired of buy poles to try out,

·
Registered
9,521 Posts

Best 2 on the market in my opinion

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Best 2 on the market in my opinion
haven't got my hands on those , played with a Battle cat today, like rod, handle not so much, T hanks for impute will be looking to try one of them.

·
Registered
Ron from Northwest Texas
51 Posts
I have used Okuma Longitudes in 9 thru 12' for several years.Only problem I ever had was a flathead I hooked this spring,he sling shotted off a tree and snapped a 12'r.Not sure of his size,I saw him roll once,I'm guessing high 40's to mid 50's.Replacement rod cost $30 thru warranty

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Both are very strong rods. They have videos torturing these rods. Lifting 200lb men with forklifts. Bending both rods from rodholder to under the boat trailer. Slamming the rods in tailgates. Catching big gators, 500lb sturgeon. The Madkatz comes with a lifetime warranty. No questions asked the first year and 50% off new rod afterwards.
haven't got my hands on those , played with a Battle cat today, like rod, handle not so much, T hanks for impute will be looking to try one of them.

·
Registered
KY, USA
174 Posts
Orange Crush rod in the description mentioned "Starting with a 1-piece S-glass rod, 3D reel seat.... " and "Every Mad Katz Rod is a 1-piece constructed from S-glass. "

I am guessing it is a typo... surely it is not a 10 ft 1 piece...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts