10 foot berkly glow

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by slikk03, May 23, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    man id half to say for the price, i just dont think you can beat, a ten foot berly glowstik, it pulled in a 50 without even bendind the rod down, im not saying there the best but man ,so far from what i here there the best rod, from the cheaper ones, they beat an ugly stick in my eyes by far, uglys are good but to much bend, i want to get that fish off the bottem and i want the casting, this rod is awsom for the price, ill see how it holds up on some big bluecats,

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I been using a 6-8ft med heavey for a few yrs now and they are good ...i use a varitey of different rods and the glow is my universal soldier from channels to flatts & blues

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i like the ten for lifting off the bottem and casting, i dont even use the light it glows, , them ugly stiks, are stronger, but there to bendy, u cant sling an 8 oz weght with them, but id put then second, in the cheaper end rod spectrem, im not paying 200, for them surf rods this year, or them high end rods,these berclys and uglys are fine for 50 poun ders

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got a 12 foot ugly stick big water, that I can cast 20-ounces of sinkers with.

The glow sticks are Ok, but I think A big ugly stick beats them.

5. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Jake, What ugly's are you talking about?? The 27.00 ones from wal-mart??

Can't be the Med/heavy Tiger's or the Big water boat rods like Jack is talking about. You can cast plenty of weight with them.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    YEA I WAS THINKING THE WALMART CRAP, TO FLIMSE AND NOT LONG, I AGREE 100 PERCENT WITH YOU AND JACK,ON THAT, WERE DID YOU GET YOURS JACK, HOW MUCH

7. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I loved mine I had a 10ft glow stick. But i was trying to beat a storm that blow up on us and i was full throttle down the lake thin my prop chought the line on my real and it got shot off the back of my boat along with a 9000c

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

You gotta try the BIGWATER Ugly-stiks,they,re a whole different ballgame.They,re salt water class and heavy enough for just about anything.They run anywhere from about 60 to 80 bucks.Or try the Ugly-Stik Tiger rods,they,re heavy duty too-they run about 57 bucks.Neither one of them are BENDY.:wink:

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I had oneof the 12 ftrs.It was a beast.Not too many situations I can think of where you,d be under gunned with that!:eek:oooh:

10. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    AGREED i have a 9ft berkley glow heavy and two 8ft uglies heavy ( i think bigwater) they have the pad on the butt or take it off and you got the notch!! b ut anyways the ugly is like a freakin light pole compared to the glow!!

11. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    OUCH that hurts!!

12. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    but, a glow wont let you down, in a lake there tuff, not like a ugly but they do got an advatige, in the price, see that 50 pb, in my album, that pool dident even bend, or crak,