# 10 bridge (Spring River, I think) around Miami.

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Love Them Cats, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    # 10 bridge (Spring River, I think) around Miami.

Any one been fishing that area lately?

We are going fishing tonight and I thought we'd give it a try.
    I didn't even know about that place until a month or so ago and we fished there for a couple hours. They were repairing the bridge then and making all sorts of racket and we didn't catch anything that day.:sad2:

We thought we would give it a try tonight and see what happens?

I'll let you know how it goes?

Ken

2. Love Them Cats

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    We headed out there last night and I should have brought my magnifying glass with us so we could find the water. The river was so low there, I think I could walk across it.
    The water that was there was so slimy and nasty looking, we decided not to try it.
    There was also a million bugs in the water, so I didn't think there would be that many fish around there so we left.

After we left there, we headed to Lenapah to try and find the Verdigris River, but we couldn't find any place to fish until we went through Nowata on Highway 60 and tried the Verdigris there and the only thing biting was the mosquitos, so we headed home.

Out of all the places we have tried the last couple months, the only place we ever catch anything is Bernice, so I think we'll just stick to that area until we get some rain and the water lever rises.

Ken

3. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    Ken, I am a transplanted Okie but still close enough to fish the Spring and Neosho Rivers. I mostly fish the Spring River in the Promenade area about two or three miles upstream from the #10 bridge you refrenced. (About where the turnpike bridge crosses the river) I fish from a 16' Jon with a 15 horse motor. There is a river gage at the Promenade bridge www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/webdata/gagedata/QUA02.current.html. When the depth of the river reads 6.5' at that gage I can just, very carefully make my way up and down the river, if it reads 7.0' I can go pretty good. It is now reading around 5.0' and is a no go for me. The jets can run it when it is to low for me to run. Maybe this will help you on your next trip, maybe save you some gas so you won't have to make a trip for nothing.

4. Love Them Cats

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the info Dale?:smile2:
    That will give me something to check when I try different places.

Ken

5. SuCoTraveler

SuCoTraveler New Member

State:
    Milan Kansas
    I'm not sure where #10 bridge, but a friend of mine and me are planning to dump in at the twin bridges around september 22nd, hope it rains by then.

Anybody have any pointers for that area? Go up river or down?

6. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Sucotravler guess you goin' catfishing since the spoonbill ain't runnin!!!!Just about anywhere north of twin bridges is good limb lining and juggin area or you can go downsteam about a mile or so is a big log jam. Take some perch a good stiff rod and hook on to a good flathead under the jams , do it at night now if the currnet is strong be carefull don't get caught under the log jams..
    About a month ago we fished the Elk River just up from the Reservation got into a bunch of white bass under the lights!!
    good luck

7. SuCoTraveler

SuCoTraveler New Member

State:
    Milan Kansas
    Thanks GB thats excalty the info I was needing, Hopefully we'll get there before dark and take a run down to that jam, sounds perfect!!

With very little rain that we've had, how deep is the water on the Neosho?
    Can a 16' bass boat still navigate?

8. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    ooh yeah the Neosho at Miami was over the dam so there is plenty water to float a 16 boat .....i was there about month ago and it looked fishy!!:lol:big_smile: :

9. SuCoTraveler

SuCoTraveler New Member

State:
    Milan Kansas
    Looks like my trip to the twin bridges keeps getting pushed back, and pushed back, looks like around october 22nd, got a good plan of attack, thanks to GB, after hitting the log jams, I'm think we might head to the lake and try catching some blues.