10-4-2008 Big Sandy River Fishing Invitation:

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfishjohn, Oct 4, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    ***Open Invitation for anybody to come***

Were gonna meet up today at 4:00pm at the Waffle House in Catlettsburg. Were gonna be fishing up by Calgon. There is plenty of room, probably several hundred yards of good bank area to fish at. No shortage of space there!:cool2:
    A 2 wheel drive can make it in but a car would be very doubtful.
    Bring your fishing stuff, warm clothes, lantern, drinks & snacks if you wanna and bait also. Never can have enough bait. I'm gonna bring a few skippies and Danny has some small shad and will probably bring gills and Israelis. Danny is gonna bring his chainsaw and hopefully there will be some downed trees by there we can use for firewood. Its gonna be pretty cold tonight.
    If you need more info PM me or call me and I'll try to answer your questions. This is a new spot for all of us so not really sure what the fishing will be like but it looks like a pretty good area.

2. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    John,I will try to meet up with you fellows for the trip tonight if I can get there in time.Just got back from Florida,have no bait except liver and equipment is not in good shape.Where is Waffle House in Cattlesburg?
    Jake

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That'd be great if you can make it. Love to finally meet you and wet a line with you. If you can't make it at 4 we could probably still meet up with you close by when you could make it. The spot were fishing isn't too far past the refinery. Its right by Calgon. Do you still have my cell #? If so call me later or post whether you think you can make it. If not let me know and I'll PM you my #.
    We should have enough bait so don't worry about that part. Whats wrong with your gear? I have extra line and tackle if you need anything along that line. I don't care to share If I have it.
    The Waffle House is right on 23 less than a mile before I-64. If you're coming through Catlettsburg Its on the left. There is a Holiday Inn or Ramada, not sure which and a gas station there also.
    Hope to see you there!:big_smile:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    OK, so far we've got:
    Danny
    Adam
    Me
    Ken
    Larry
    Jake

Looking like a pretty good turn out. Hopefully we'll get on some cats!
    If anybody else wants to join you're more than welcome!!!:cool2:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Getting ready to head out in about 20 minutes or so. For those of you that are coming I'll see you all at 4. Hope to see more of you make it!

6. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky