10-24-09 catfish report Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishmonster13, Oct 24, 2009.

1. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    went out today with golden. met up at tanners about 9 and messed around trying to get some bait ended up with about dozen shad . we were hoping to get some skippies but the power plant is shut down . went up river to the fernbank area and dropped anchor to bait up and get everything ready to do a little drifting and while we were doing that golden got a good hit on his rod . pulled it in and it was a 25lb flatty. we were kinda surprised it was a flat . so we started drifting on and off through out the day till the wind would pick up and then i'd drop anchor for awale till it would calm down and then drift again, i caught an 11lb blue while we were drifting and got to try my new biatcaster out. and that was it . except golden broke a rod on a huge fish(i mean snag)
    well i will be back out tomarrow out of riverside if its open still or the public landing and should be a nicer day weather wise:big_smile: and hopefully fish wise as well:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:
    and yes i am trying to see how many pics of the back of my boat end up as avatars

Attached Files:

2. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    congrats on the nice day

3. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Go me!!!!!! another 25lb flat. Thats 2 for the year on the river.

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice fish! make it three tomorrow!

5. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    nice fish there matt glad to see a nice flat caught this late in the season. i cant wait for the weather to get warm again so i can start chasing them flats again.

6. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    tomorrow you will pull in that big blue. good luck tomorrow and tight lines!

7. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Oh sure, you put others on Flats!! :)

I hope you stayed there for a while and tried to boat more?

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I will be out today myself, give me a shout..Fish out of a Tracker with Monsters everywhere around it..lol

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
  10. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    well got out this morning about 8 fog was just coming off the river ,picked up some bait and headed down river , drifted again picked up a smaller blue ,forgot to bring my landing net so i couldn't weigh them,on my first pass . second pass i picked up a 15-20 lb on my little bass rod:eek:oooh:, that was fun didn't get him in the boat though cause wrapped himself up in my drift sock that was at the front of the boat and i tried to lift up the drift sock thinking he would come with it he flipped and swam away:sad2: at least he didn't splash me on his way out:big_smile:. after that i went back to the ramp and picked up some badluck, i mean catfishassasin:smile2::smile2::smile2:, and didn't catch anything the rest of the day. except a whole bunch of snags had one that busted my new bps baitcaster, guess i will see if i can return and get a real reel. no more of that cheap stuff for me

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009