10/2/06 best day fishing ever by far

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by foodsaver, Oct 13, 2006.

1. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry it took so long to post this report but I was waiting until I had some pictures. I still can't get the pics off of my cingular cell phone (anyone with any ideas please let me know!)

So this was the last day fishing with my dad after a great weekend where we caught a bunch of good fish. We were still hunting for that fish Terry fought for 2 hours so we got up around 8:30 and headed out to see what we could scare up at sequoyah. I messed up and forgot to put more oil in the motor so we got stuck about halfway over to the spot Terry showed me so we stopped and fished around where the big motor cut off. MAN AM I GLAD I DIDNT PUT OIL IN THE MOTOR!!! It was an amazing day probably the best day I have ever had fishing in my life. We had 7 or 8 fish over 30 pounds at the boat although alot of them were quick released at the boat by my dad (and me) with the cabelas lip gripper apparently that 65 lb power pro doesnt hold up to well to the lip gripper. We also had one fish at the boat that was at the very least 60 lbs and more fish then I could count in the 10 to 20 lb range. I also had one fat little catfish that was only 20 inches long but that weighed 20 lbs. I have 2 more pictures on my phone one of the short 20 lb fish and one that was in the 30's but I can't get them off for nothing. All in all it turned out to be a fantastic weekend with my dad and we are going to make the fall fishing trip a yearly thing. All fish were caught in 45-50 ft of water with a rocky bottom on skipjack steaks and heads (my absolute favorite bait for big fish)

Attached Files:

2. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Great post bud...looks like you guys had a blast!!!

3. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This same weekend I caught a real good fish on Saturday as well and here it is its 37 lbs.

Attached Files:

4. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    very nice fish look like you and dad had a lot of fun....

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Great story and nice pics. So how did ya get back to where ya started without oil? LOL!

6. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    trolling motor. One of the benefits of a little boat is you don't get far from the launch ramp

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    sounds like one heck of a fishing trip. congrats on the catches.

8. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    these are the rest of his pictures from that day.

Attached Files:

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    :roll_eyes: cant make the fish out but a nice skyline behind your dad :lol:
    thanks for the story and posting the pics , maybe next year you can afford a digi cam wish i could ,their nice to have .

good luck on yer next trips

10. catcatcher311

catcatcher311 New Member

State:
    Ne
    Those are some nice blues right there.

11. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    awsome fishing trip.i need to get on some fish like that.thx for pictures.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great story and awesome fish! Thanks for posting some pics! Congrats!

13. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas

Hey Craig, man what a trip. That had to be a blast. I ain't much good working with pictures but I messed with that picture of your Dad's fish a little and I think I helped it some.

st

Attached Files:

14. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    man thats alot better. I wish I could have taken the picture facing the other direction but I post on a local message board and I didnt want everyone to know where I caught them.

15. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  16. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Congrats on the great catch!! Of course, naturally I'm jealous:eek:oooh:

More importantly though, I'm glad that you were able to share such a good time with your father. Those are the events that turn into memories, that you will cherish later on.

My father passed when I was an infant & I will never be able to say that I was able to experience moments such as you have.

Take your father with you as much as possible & make the best times out of it as you can. Looking forward to more pics & I hope your dad outfishes you:tounge_out: :tounge_out: Best of luck, Elliot:wink:

17. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    Unbelievable fishing trip man. Thats a trip most of will only dream about. Thanks for sharing.

Dale

18. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Nice fish Thanks for sharing I could only hope to ever do that good in one day!!

19. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee

He needs all the help he can get ;) ;)

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on the great day of fishing.