10-19 trip - Boated an 18 Pound Catfish

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by mbandjb, Oct 19, 2008.

1. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Well,,went back out today still had some bait left over from the WW outing(thanks Mike and Bruce)!!!!! By the way that was a great time!!!
    Water temps 67 to 72.Air temps start at 7:45am 48,finish at 1:00 pm 61.Put in at DG.
    Had to wait for a coal train,got tried of waiting,decided I would go around the other way,just as soon as I got to the tracks the train moved out the way. :angry:
    Went to the barge pits again, fished 2 holes and boated a 18lber(Why couldn't that happen yesterday,same bait,same hole,cast in the same spot..) Worked back down river with no luck,,that was the only bite. It was a BIT windy!!!!!
    Finally just scouted some new places,hit a rock up next to Jimmy Deans put a couple of notches in my prop.Sounded like I had tore the lower unit off.. Lucky I wasn't moving very fast,I was watching the sonar instead of where I was going.
    Loaded the boat,picked up my wife and headed home.
    mikeb

2. thelastcast

thelastcast New Member

State:
    Virginia
    One fish is better than no fish :big_smile: ...and 18??..... Not bad at all. Yeah-ya gotta love that train huh??......it was atough day for us too. good job bro

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a good fish and thank god you didn't tear your lower unit up!!ouch

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry about the prop but you brought it on yourself. Bad Karma for even thinking about front fishing me on the "New Double Secret Spot " :wink:

Fishing has been tough! I didn't do Diddley Squat last Thursday. Good luck next time! Hope to see you on the river this winter. :big_smile:

Kenneth