10/13/07 Kayak Report--Oostanaula River, GA

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by Claude, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Claude

Claude New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I caught this 8-15 blue and several smaller blues and channels Saturday on the Oo on pool noodles baited with cut bream and strawberry chicken. I also caught several small bass on buzz baits.
    It's hard to photo catfish while in a kayak. I want neither the slime nor the animal in my lap.
    All the fish were released as I have put plenty in the freezer from the Oo and the Etowah I caught this summer. I would have let this one go anyway because I don't keep any over 5lbs.
    We are in desperate need of rain here. Keep us in your thoughts.
    Thanks for the kayaking forum,
    Claude

Attached Files:

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC, Claude!

That's a great fishing report!

By the way, you might want to search the Internet for kayak fishing photography. There are a few low-cost options for mounting a digital camera on the kayak, but I personally don't like the thought of attaching my camera to a suction cup and hoping it holds! There a some permanent mounts that are promising that I am thinking about trying.

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Claude. Good looking cats, thanks for the pics. I also have a proplem taking pics while in my yak. The only way that ive found to do it is by holding my digital camera at arms length and hoping for the best!! LOL!!

4. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Brother those look good congrats!

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Looks like you had a good day fishing.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Welcome. I bet it is awesome fishing from a kayak on those rivers! I used to flathead from a canoe for years!