10-10-09 fishing trip

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by catfishingricky, Oct 10, 2009.

1. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    went fishing today left home at 8am. went to greenwood boat ramp
    it was closed so went across shermenminton bridge i64 to that boat ramp you see from the bridge and they had a car show so it was also closed so went down to that boat ramp by the river boat on i think it was 111 and put in there it took a long time to get bait caught 3 big shad so we went and fished caught a 5# flathead & 15# blue then we moved went to find biat caught about 10 more nice shad and went to my honey hole first cast my buddy hit a 15# blue im getting ready to take a picture on my phone and my rod got slamed it was a 18# blue had the two in the boat same time so we through back out about 10 -15 min. goes by and bam my rod gets slamed its a hog got him in he is 37# blue that was the best fight i have had on river yet they were running 72 feet of dam at mcalpine today
    caught a little over 100# of fish today going again tom. dont think we will do that again tom. but we will see :cool2:

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    sounds like a good trip brother, good look on your next one....

3. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Good fishin Rick.. catching fish like that it would be hard for me not to go back the next day.:big_smile:

4. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    sounds like a great trip! good luck on your next one!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rick thanks for sharing your fishing trip. 100# is a good day of catching in anyone's book. Congrats.

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like they were on that day. Congrats.

7. BOTTOM

BOTTOM Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You suck! I was on my way to your honey hole, lol I went to greenwood too and it was closed so i went to salt river to put in and the boat was actin up so no fishing for me.

8. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    if you can get out there tom. go man it's on we went again today and caught at least 25 fish 25# was big but we caught 9 fish 14# - 20# could not beleve it got pictures on my phone but im going to have to by a piece to hook up to the computer when i do i'll put im on we hit 5 big fish back to back had them all in boat at same time i wish i did'nt have to work tom. cause i'd be there theres not doubt in my mind you could;nt do the same thing tom. hope you can get your boat going :cool2:

9. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Rick,PM me and i'll give you my cell number :smile2::smile2:

10. BOTTOM

BOTTOM Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was planning on going tuesday. Did your brother go with u today? Same spot as usual?

11. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    no me and my buddy jeremy, that spot is were i got the 37# blue but i found a new spot it was stacked with fish.

12. BOTTOM

BOTTOM Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I got a few spots im gonna try tom. hopefully they will produce!