10/02/07 pictures

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Oct 2, 2007.

1. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Man, look at all the "bone" in those pictures. Tell ya what, Sam. If they get to harassing you too much, just call me & I'll see what I can do to help you out!!:wink:
    Actually, I was starting to get worried.....and beginning to go through withdrawal. I was needing my "picture fix". Thanks again Sam for all the time you spend letting us enjoy your deer. They are looking awesome this year!

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Here in PA, they say that they think that the harvest on opening day of archery season was abnormally high. they're blaming it on our trail cameras giving an unfair advantage. The PGC is considering making it illegal to use them 30 days prior to opening day like they do for the feeders & mineral licks. I never use mine close to opening day because I dont want my camera stolen of of public land again. I love your pics. keep em coming.

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    We've been keeping 4 feeders and 2 trail cameras out here on the farms for 4 years. We've never killed a mature buck by a feeder, never get a picture of a mature buck at a feeder in the daytime from the first of Sept. until the middle of Jan. If you want to kill or even see a good buck yo have to hunt the trails and thick stuff 200 yards+ back away from the feeders. The bucks will come around check'n the does that will use the feeders, but they won't come to them except at night. I don't see much extra advantage from them, except knowing that they are in the area, which will keep you hunting a little harder and longer.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Great pics.... thanks