#1 son fixin to come there.

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by BIG GEORGE, Aug 12, 2006.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    My oldest son and his family are fixin to be stationed in McConnel (spellin) Air Force Base. What can he expect as far as the area is concerned. He enjoys fishin and sports in general. Just tryin to do a little recon work for the boy. LOL! THANX!

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

what town in that in?

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wichita maybe..?:smile2:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Honesty is always the best policy... As long as you're not dealing with women.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I believe it is Witchita.

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Glad he is on the way !!!!!!!!!

6. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I hope that this link helps with your questions that you may have. It gives the list of units on the base, maps etc... It's very helpfull information espically if this his first duty station and begin checking into his command. I would suggest calling his unit that he is going to and talking to someone that he will be working with so the the lowdown on everything. My squadron has a duty there 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They can help you get the right phone number.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/mcconnell.htm

Mr. Chris

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is great George, glad he is coming home.

8. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    George, he'll find plenty of fishing and sports opportunities here. Wichita is a short distance from at least three good lakes; El Dorado, Cheney, and Kaw (just across the line in Oklahoma). He'll be within a couple hours drive of several more and they are all great catfishing lakes.
    If he likes sports he should find something to his liking as well. There are plenty of good college teams close by and all kinds of softball leagues and golf courses if he wants to participate.
    Be sure to tell him to contact some of the BOC members and he won't lack for fishing companions.

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    You folks in Kansas have nothing to worry about with #1 son and family arriving soon, it's the visits from #1 dad that could be cause for concern:roll_eyes:

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ain't you got some jewelry to go find? LOL!

11. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    When number one Dad shows up I hope he brings his fishing pole. We'll show him a number one great time.

12. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Glad to hear him coming to Wichita! We get a lot of knocks around here, but if you like the outdoors, there is always something to do! Plenty of things to see as well. You need to make sure he lets us know when he arrives!