1 pcs surf rods

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by kissire911, Jul 21, 2009.

1. kissire911

kissire911 New Member

State:
    oklahome
    i live and fish on grand lake. i fish below the dam alot i had a good 12ft rod broke it last friday. looking for a new one.i like to have a custom made one this time does and one know were to get one at.and the blues are bitting good on shad at the cable

2. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    welcome to the BOC. Check the sponsor section. I believe their are a few that do so and I believe one is actually in eastern oklahoma.

3. kissire911

kissire911 New Member

State:
    oklahome
    thanks for the reply

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cherokee rods, I believe is the name of the guy in Oklahoma.

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cherokee Rod Co 918/689-0375. Leland makes fine rods, period. He is very knowledgeable and can council you in what you need or want. I have purchased a rod from him this year for my wife and she is pleased with it. Call him you won't be sorry:smile2:

6. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    Breakaway makes the best long casting rods in the USA.

7. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    I agree with above post. Check with Leland down around Eufaula, I had seen another fisherman showing off the rods he had gotten from Leland, one nice piece of equiptment, plus right in your area. Nobody likes shipping a one piece rod. Good Luck!

8. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

Agreed! I have a HDX and it sure improved my casting big time. I have friend that has 2 or 3 breakaway stingers and they are awesome as well

9. SW Hunter

SW Hunter New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Leland will fix you up with what you need he is as good as it gets when it comes to custom rods.

10. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Hi Jason; welcome to the board. I've been building rods since 1983 and re-wrapping / custom finshing also. Right now I have 3 ea. 14' 1pc. Lamiglas built with double wrapped steel guides, on a honey spiral SB1685F model blank. But can build to suit, let me know if I can help you.:wink:

11. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    HDX? would someone compare this to a ole Fenwick?Thats what I have,and a couple meathunters,no comparison between the 2.The fenwick rules!Why did they quit making them?

12. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Breakaway 13' HDX
    Heavy Longcasting Rod
    Rated for 20-30lb, 4-8oz

Reel Choice is SHA 30 or 40

Fish targeted is tarpon, shark, reds, pomp

13. Cherokee Rod Man

State:
    Eufaula La
    Good question Brian; I dont really know other than they didnt think the surf market merited a large enough % of the market. But I will say this a Lamiglas model BSB1664F 13'-8" is as close to them as you can get!:wink:

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Jason. As posted before check with Cherokee Rod company. Some really nice rods there.

15. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    The boc sponsers make great rods and also might give the Rod shop a call John Jamison and Phil King get rods built by them, www.therodshopkc.com out of kansascity

16. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

Could ya tell me a little more about the SB1685F and the SB1665F?

17. okiethumbburner

okiethumbburner New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I have 2 lamiglass rods and a breakaway hdx. My opinion is the lamiglass is a much better choice, they seem to have as much or more backbone than the hdx and the lamiglass rod is going to be more durable as far as casting goes i will put my money on the 14 ft lami

18. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I think I am gonna get the Lamiglass rod as soon as I can afford it... I was suppose to go to Louisiana to do some shark fishing this next weekend.... then I see both car and truck needs tags.... Dang there went the gas money. Always seems to be something.

19. Cherokee Rod Man

State:
    Eufaula La
    The SB1685F starts out as a SB1805F @ 15' trimmed off the butt to 14'. The SB1665F is a cataloged blank @ 13'-8" still a 5 power and probably run on the same mandrel. They can run any length we want in quantity, but it's easier to order the 15' blank and work off it instead of having more tied up in 2 or 3 models we can work off one.:wink:

20. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I had a 15' ugly stick and actually liked it.... Would love to have another 15'