1 less excuse

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I just got my new gps color fishfinder installed ( Thanks Dink!) and now have bought the right to have 1 less excuse why I didnt catch anything..its a vicious circle dont you think??
    Anyways, I am now ready to get the boat out, ( again) just need mother nature to annie up on her end for once. Hoping and praying for some decent water and weather this upcoming weekend.

Salmonid

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on your new fishfinder ,good luck !

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Congrats on the new graph...hopefully that will be in my future as well. Regardless, should be on the river this weekend..:roll_eyes:

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well Mark ... congrats on equipment .... just saw weather for weekend and you might be in luck ... they are calling Sat & Sun, 31 & 41, respectively and partly cloudy both days .... with only 10% percep .... Sounds good ..... Garry-:wink:

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Glad you got it hooked up Mark..Im still waiting for my transducer to come so I can get mine on...How easy/hard was it to put on?? Should only have to run the transducer and a power wire, right???

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    yeah, this unit has a speed indicator as well so its a second transducer looking thing with the flywheel. The hardest part was getting the wires run from the back to the front, that took about an hour to do that since we had to take half the rear deck off to do it :crazy:
    Once we got the wires run, it didnt take long at all and also figured out the fuses were blown on the anchor and running lights, so they now work.:big_smile:

Still looking at Sunday, but will have to see what this latest front does...

Salmonid

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Mark just curious what unit did you install?

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
  9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Looks like a nice unit Mark, I am sure you will enjoy it.:wink:

10. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Yeah mine came with that speed wheel too, i dont think I am even going to fool with that...Thats for the water speed(tells you how fast the current is running) and it needs to be calibrated also to get it to work right, the GPS has built in speed so thats fine for me..I just want to drill the least amount of holes as possible..But now you will be able to watch the speed of the current, could come in handy for you, anchored and drifting.

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats Mark on your new unit!