1 fish, 2 rods..

Discussion in 'Striper Fishing' started by CatsNstripers, Jun 30, 2009.

1. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    The striper fishing is still good as discribed in my post below. but man are they aggresive. I had out a fleet of planers and floats, and i had two downlines off the front of the boat, one on each side. I only use circle hooks for stripers on downlines, 4/0 for alewives, and 6/0 for gizzard shad, this case i had a 6/0 and a 7/0 red b/c i was running low on 6/0's,...anyhow... On these poles i was running gizzard shad roughly both rods had a 7-9inch gizzard shad. Had a striper come straight up on the graph and nail both downlines within a second of each other. My boy Poot, got the striper in at 12lb, with both circle hooks burried in his mouth... Took a pic, just thought i'd share....

Attached Files:

2. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Thanks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I've had that happen quite a few times. Two customers fighting the same fish is pretty funny. :smile2:

4. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    always wondered if that could happen thanks for the post and pics

5. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Never had a fish do that,but was night fishing once when a snapping turtle had both mine a my freinds hooks in his mouth.Thanks for sharing.

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is great! I saw a fishing show once where this happened but the two poles were in two different boats LOL!

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice Stripers!

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice fish thanks for sharing.

9. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    That is cool, the crazy stuff that can happen out there.

10. Scott C.

Scott C. Member

State:
    NKY
    That can happen pretty often when using down rods in a feeding frenzy. My favorite though is two fish on the same lure(s). Do you umbrella rig at all?

11. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Thanks for sharing Travis.I saw basically the same thing once while flounder fishing with a couple cousins,Both of them had the same flounder hooked,one thought the other had tangled?let the fish get in his line but the fish actually had both hooks in his mouth,just like your striper.