1/4 oz. Roadrunner for white bass ?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by kyron4, Apr 6, 2007.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Is a 1/4 oz. Road Runner with 3" twister tail to heavy for White bass in the river during the run ? I like the bigger hook and extended casting distance, but would an 1/8 head work better on the 3" tail ? -Thanks

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Mike, I generally use either an 1/8 oz. or 1/16 oz. roadrunner head for whitebass, but I'm pretty sure the 1/4 oz would work plenty well. You're right, the 3" grub is probably the ticket... I wouldn't worry a whole lot about the size of the head, but I know they sell packages of the smaller heads. I just buy the pack of roadrunner heads (about $5,) grab a bag of white 3" grub tails and away we go. The kids love to catch sandies in the river. I usually know the whereabouts of an isolated hole or two :lol: on the river, and I'll just post the kiddos there to wipe the sandies out. My little boy always casts his jig out and just lets it lay on the bottom of the river. I've told him dozens of times to reel it in, but he usually seems to catch just as many as everybody else and he doesn't even move the jig. Just something to think about.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use the roadrunners from 1/16th to 1/4 oz and 1 and 1/2 to 3 inch plastic. I also have great succes with the holographic 2" swim baits as well as a variety of spinners and crank baits.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I love to use 1/8 to 1/4th roadrunners for whitebass they are good for cra:smile2: ppie to