1-12-10 james river catfish

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bigcattracker, Jan 14, 2010.

1. bigcattracker

bigcattracker Member

State:
    virginia
    Let me start with saying I love the james river. Me and a guy I work with put in at deep bottom. Bait was easy finally. Went down river to fish a few spots started off near the channel no luck. Went a little further down and decided to try to find somewhere new to fish. Anchored in about 10 foot and we caught one in about 5 min as soon as I put that pole back it hit again this time my friend reeled in a new pb of 56 pounds 47.5" he's hooked. Moved again no luck in about the same depth. I can't remember exactly where we caught them but we caught a 33 33 35 38 38 40 and a 60. Not all from one spot. He's definitely hooked. Pretty good day the wind was a little rough but too bad. Water temp was around 32-33 degrees. Like I said I love the james. I think that was the most citations I've boated in one trip. Can't wait untill next week. if I can figure it out ill post some pics.

2. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Congrads on a great day of fishing. Catching fish like that will hook anyone. Gotta love the James, no doubt about. Tell your friend congrads on new PB.
    Mike

3. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Holy cow man, I hope I catch that many over 30 THIS YEAR!!! Congrats on one heckuva day!

4. Fokromix

Fokromix Member

State:
    VA
    Great day! (pronounced Guuuuuur-aaaaaate day!)

5. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    Heck of a day there my friend!!! Sounds like yall were so buisy catchin fish that you hardly new the wind was even blowing lol congrats on the PB's . Sounds like a lot of PB in the past couple weeks evey time i read a thread someones catching a new PERSOANAL BEST ! I hope i get on that list this year ! congrats to all you guys on your new best!

6. reel squealer

reel squealer Member

State:
    chesterfield,va
    Sounds like a hek of a great day ! congrats on some fantastic catches! i,m going out of dg on saterday hope my day is 1/2 that good !

7. bigcattracker

bigcattracker Member

State:
    virginia
    I would like to add myself to that list of new pb's but I haven't been able to in the last 2 years. Who knows maybe I will get in the 70's this year.

8. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

Bluebruiser@Jmestwn New Member

State:
    Virginia
    one helluva day..Lots of big fish biting thats good to know.congrats to the boths uv ya!

9. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Great day no you had fun, I wouldn't know how to act catching that many over 30 lbs in one day..