09/01/07 pictures

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Sep 1, 2007.

1. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Looks like most of them have shed their velvet. That big one with a broke tine is a beaut. It want be long before they split up.

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    They all sure look good & healthy; I love the picture of them eating corn on the cob, & the one of the two young bucks sparring. Good pictures again!

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Those are some great pics, Some of those are some monsters. I think you will have a great year.

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    The blue and white board in the last set of pics, is that used to judge size? With a known measurement from the board could you estimate the size of the racks?

Aaron

TA2D

5. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    great pics i love looking at your picskeep up the good work

6. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Sam,
    Those are some nice bucks!!!! A couple of real shooters in that bunch. I enjoy looking at all the pics you post. Thanks for sharing them with us.

7. jonnnyboy

jonnnyboy New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sam, could you describe those feeders. Are you using shelled corn or whole corn and how often do you fill them? thanks
    J

8. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    The board on the feeder is 24 inches long, painted in 6 inch sections.

The feeders is 4 inch PVC with a 90 on the bottom, then a 10 inch piece of pvc split in half (long ways) with a cap on the end. They hold about 5 pounds per foot.

I feed a 16% cattle feed in the feeder, same as I feed our cows. I fill'em every morning when I make my circle feed'n cattle.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks, great pics as usual. Some really nice looking bucks.

mike

10. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Those pics are awesome I might have to build one of those handy dandy game cameras, do you always get those results?

11. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I've got 4 feeders out that I keep filled year round, I move the cameras around between them. For the past 2 months 2 of them have really been busy, the other 2 have very little action. But they change with the seasons. For the last 2 months I've averaged 300 pictures per camera each night. Last summer and fall was very good for pictures, but this year has been the best yet. I've been keep'n them out for 4 years now.

12. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That is queit a set up. 300 hundred shot a night if very cool. Thanks for the info. I might try to do something similar out at my moms Farm.