07/21/07 pictures IT'S BACK

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I remember seein' that deer on your posts before... Not sure if I've said it already or not, but I was told that's a result from them losin' there um..manhood? Didn't know about them never losing their velvet, but was told they have wierd lookin' antlers that never fall off. Also heard they're pretty rare, so if I was you I'd take a shot of him this season, and let your other bucks grow another year. But, that's just me. Maybe I should look it up on google so I can get my facts right. Anyway, thanks for the pics, and once again, keep 'em comin'!

-Red

2. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    The trouble with kill'n this deer is although I've got pictures it for 4 years now, no one has ever seen it in person, only in the pictures. These new pictures of it were taken 250 yards behind my house, that's my house in the trees in the middle of the picture.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is a good Buck. I hope you get him this year

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    In Texiz, a deer like that is called a "Cactus Buck". Sometimes when the young buck fawn jumps over a prickly pear cactus, a spine penetrates the scrotum and causes an infection, effectively neutering the animal. Other times, a rancher will capture an "Abandoned" fawn, cut it and release it knowing that his mother is nearby.

Either way, a "Cactus Buck" grows bigger and exhibits the same traits as a steer bull: faster growth, better food conversion, larger final size... and the trademark of always being in velvet, the antlers never completely hardening off and constantly growing. Truly massive antlers are produced by such animals. The only drawback to them is that they cannot pass their genetic codes on to more bucks. They are the end of their line. Consequently, they should be harvested to allow another buck to live and pass on his genes.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Always enjoy looking at those pics, thanks for sharing.

6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i saw a pic like that from a friends camp down here. wierd lookin animal for sure. i would probably try to cull him if i could. then again if its true he cant breed then i guess he aint hurtin nothing? some of the other pics show some really impressive bucks. i swear i am only a lil' bit jealous.

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm glad to see "It" is back! "It's" such a unique looking animal; maybe it'll pose just right for the camera, & we can see whether "It's" a buck or doe!!:smile2: Those other bucks sure are looking good. I love looking at all the pictures. Thanks, Sam! (Okay, we need to name "IT" something else, hmm??)

8. barrelbritches

barrelbritches New Member

State:
    Texas
    do not give up on him , keep trying he will mess up sooner are latter and mybe you will be there. Good luck

9. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
  10. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    here in indiana a mature buck would have his antler size, but i am amazed at how he looks, maybe 3-4 yr old buck. but his antlers show him like a deep woods nocturnal monster at maybe 8yrs or older. lets call him moonlight becuase he comes out at night lol

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Haha!! Moonlight!! I like that. Bless "it's" heart, it looks like a crown of thorns!! In one picture, the neck & face look like a buck, but it's still hard to figure.

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thats a big deer.. ima kill one like that this year haha

13. bullet

bullet New Member

State:
    alabama
    it could be a doe, or his nut sack has been damaged........