"06" Indiana get together

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Feb 16, 2006.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    has there been any talk of an 06 gathering? couldnt make last years gathering,hope to make this years. what you guys think? can we get a central location,like around indy? even if its a day trip would be nice to shake hands with you guys.

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey guys, if youd allow a Buckeye over there, I might make it for a day trip, Indy is 1.5 Hrs from me ( im 30 minutes from Richmond in Ohio) and my brother lives there so it would be a good excuse to see him. I get my Indiana license every year soi can smallmouth fish all your wonderful, never get any pressure smallmouth rivers!:p
    I been wanting to do some cat fishing this year around Brookville and the lower Whitewater.
    Salmonid

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oooooh No! No Buckeyes allowed! Keep your silly nuts in Ohio! :happy:

4. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What about Hardy Lake? It isn't centrally located, but there is around 800 acres of water, nice campgrounds if anyone wants to camp, also plenty of places to bank fish for non-boaters.

The lake is south of Columbus and due east of Austin off of I-65

5. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    How about the White River in downtown Indy? Plenty of bank space and we could probably even get Westside Bait to sponsor it...it is right in front of their shop. Also, there are some nice flatheads and channels in that stretch right there.

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    As an outsider Im sure my opinion means nothing but, Im a bank guy so a bank friendly spot, and a place where there might be some flats as well as channels would be my vote. Indy is close for me so I would try to make that but any further and Id probably skip it. Just my.02
    Salmonid ( the Nutty one)

7. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    Are you refering to the side across the river from west-side or the concrete wall side?

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Well! Now we're talkin! I'm down, hey Scotty, are you talking about WestSide Bait and Tackle on White River Parkway close to New York Street? That's an excellent idea! I am friends with the owner, his dad and my grandpa were friends when my dads' family lived in Haughville. There is ample room on the bank for fishing there. I wouldn't mind going to Hardy Lake either, so whatever you guys come up with I'm game. I know four or five members that would definately attend with my brother and I. When are we planning to go on this adventure? I am looking forward to meeting all of you guys!;)

P.S.- Hey Salmonid, I thought you were the one with pearly clean hands? Now you're the Nutty One. I'll see you at the gathering buddy.

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    mark, those "hoosiers" (what is a Hoosier anyway) are just afraid that "the nuts" will out-fish them:D

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    With my luck so far this year, im 1 channel for 4 outings, they got nothing to worry about:p

Heck Im just wanting to go so I can see what a catfish looks like, I need to be reminded every so often.....

Salmonid, with the pearly white nuts!!:eek:

11. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    What are you talking about Dink? Of course we know what a Hoosier is........Okay maybe we don't.. Anyways, Dink, you and Salmonid are more than welcome to come to the gatherings and we'll make sure that it is a bank event. We'll have plenty of gatherings this year, you can be sure of that. Last year we had good turnouts for all of the gatherings so if you can't make one don't worry there will be another one soon enough.;) River Scum, we'll have to go out up in your neck of the woods sometime in the boats and catch some Hawgs! My brother and I usually fish Eagle Creek, but last year we only had one productive month when Eric caught a fifty-two pound flattie and several blues and channels, after that we had "The Great Drout of 2005" and after that we couldn't catch a damn thing.:sad:

Well well, if it isn't mr. Catfish. What's up buddy?
    Pearly white nuts, Salmonid, you are one crazy guy!

12. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    You guys couldn't catch a thing being the key words there buddy... I caught 13 one night while you guys were playing hold em.

13. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    It's alright though, we are going to catch some biguns this year ! My 13 were all little guppies compared to erics flat .. This time im bringing a camera, those pictures from my phone just weren't very good...

14. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    The camera is a definate necessity! That was terrible that we couldn't get a better picture of that monster.:sad: It was the biggest catfish I've ever seen, in person that is. Hey D, are you planning on coming? The gatherings are awesome! Everyone should go to this one!

15. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yep...the same one!! It would be on the "concrete" side...that is where most of the carp and cat tourneys are held. Plenty of parking...miles of bank space...and some 30 and 40 lb flatheads there....sounds like a great spot to me!! :)

16. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    Count me in. I got the fever BAD!!!

17. snifflucky

snifflucky New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I should be good to go. Along as it is on one of my days off. I have the funky 4 on 4 off shift. Never have fished the White.

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Let me know when and where. I will need directions. I get lost going to the mail box.
    Bill

19. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I'm definitely down for a gathering. I agree that the White River by Westside Bait and Tackle would be a great location. There is plenty of area to bank fish and I caught a 46 lb. flathead there last spring. Also, if we go right down the street by the railroad bridge we can have fires and you can launch a boat if you have one. If no there I think Catarac is a good option. The next state record flathead is probably going to come out of there. I personally would like one of our Indiana BOC members to get it!!!

20. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    What is the date you guys are looking at? June is better for me then May. Let us know what you guys are thinking! That way I can get in on the schedule, get wife clearance and start planning!

Salmonid