06/18/08 pictures

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Jun 19, 2008.

1. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yay!! New pictures!! Thanks, Sam. Boy, that one buck sure is wide; is he the one we watched last year? The one you made that board to check how wide he'd gotten? Sure is looking good. They all look really fat & healthy too.
    Thanks again for the great photos.
    Hope you & your family & friends are all doing okay. Keep us posted on the progress in your town after that storm, ok?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    don't look like you will have to go far to get a nice buck

3. Deerhunter270

Deerhunter270 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    You have some really nice looking deer there. You should have a good harvest this year.:big_smile:

4. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Storm clean up is get'n there, keep find'n new stuff everyday though that we didn't know was missing or broke. Biggest thing to do now is clean up and rebuild about 3 or 4 miles of fence.

The wide 9 point I had so many pictures of last year ended up get'n poached, got a pretty good idea of the who, where and when, but never could get them nailed for it. The good thing to come out of it was everyone around here knew about the deer and found out about him get'n spotlighted, I don't think it will happen again. The out cry from almost everyone around here and the grief poured on the ones responsible for it was really something. Even though there weren't any tickets written or fines , the pressure from folks who knew them and even their families was something to see. I had no claim on the deer and if anyone had got him "fair and square" I'd have been proud for them, I had pictures of him every night from 10 PM til 4AM for 4 months,but to take out a buck like that at night with a light was just wrong. Sorry for the rant, that's kind of a sore spot.

5. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Man, Sam, I hate to hear about that buck. I'm like you, that's just sorry! Sure, if he'd been taken fair & legal, that's one thing, but to poach an animal of that quality....well....I'm just glad all the locals around there dealt them plenty of grief! It is surprising that if that many people knew about it, there were no tickets issued. Oh well, maybe he's had enough to deal with from everybody else. Hope all those other fine bucks are allowed to be taken fairly, or walk on their own.
    Glad to hear the clean-up is going along good. Y'all hang in there.