05 APRIL TRIP TO THE HOOCH!

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by brother hilljack, Apr 5, 2009.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well, as most of the Georgia people know, the river has been kind of crazy with all the rain we have been having. I observed that there would be about a 4 hour window this morning before the rain began to fall again so I took advantage of it!

Got to the river about 0600, netted some fresh shad and went to my honey hole. Caught about 20 fish in a little over 3 hours. Lost just as many because I only have 1 set of hands and could not get to the poles in time!!! had a blast.

Here is a nice 20 pounder that I caught. All fish was caught on fresh cut shad in about 20 feet of water, in front of good structure!

water temp was 61 degrees, air temp was 58-60 degrees and there was a strong front (thunderstorm) coming in with a cold front behind it. Great morning to be out!

Attached Files:

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Great day fishing Shane your waters way warmer than mine,still in winter mode here.

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

I have figured out that these Georgia fish are warm blooded!! Water temp here is 60, but the fish act the same as if the water temp was around 48 back home in Ohio!

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice cat Shane, this will help get us going in the fishoff! :wink: rollo

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's a fine looking blue.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice blue Shane, congrats. Glad your settled in and catching fish.

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks John, Jamie and I are having a great time down here in Georgia. It is really nice having everyone together in one place!