03-A3 help PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by scooter079, Sep 11, 2008.

1. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was just given a smith and corona 03-A3 30-06.
    the guy that gave it to me said there was a safety issue
    so i called a gun smith and he said it was an issue and he could fix it but i dont wanna pay for that ,so here is the problem any advice would help...thanks

when you chamber a round you have to pull the bolt back even further to flip the safety switch over the gun smith told me you should just have to flip it over :confused2:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Maybe it can be cristened as a wall hanger.,I know if it were mine,I would get it fixed or at least be the only one that used it.

3. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    it would be a wall hanger but it has already been sportorized with a remington stock so i think i am gonna go through it and use it as a deer riffle untill i can afford a new one

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd definitely get the safety fixed if you're going to use it. If there's ANYTHING wrong with the safety, it's not safe to use by anyone. If it's doing what you said, how can you trust it to perform the function it's supposed to and not fail. Just my thoughts, but I dont think it will cost too much to fix it, especially not compared to what the cost could be if it went off when it wasn't supposed to!

5. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I'm with Richard and Vince. Get it fixed and use the heck out of it. It is a quick fix if you know how and they are great shooters. Drilled and tapped for a scope you would never need another rifle.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    spend 35 bucks to fix it and have a nice 300 dollar gun:smile2:

7. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    +1. Theres no sense taking a gamble with someones safety. JMHO.