03/21 The Staunton has water!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by starcraft72, Mar 21, 2009.

1. starcraft72

starcraft72 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    When fishing on the Staunton river today. It finally has WATER!! My friend Hunter and I went and put in at Clarkton Bridge. We ran up river to the and tried a couple of spots with no luck. Hunter caught 1 channel cat and we both missed a couple! Might go back Sun. If the weather stays warm the Blues & Stripers should be coming soon!! :smile2:

Attached Files:

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Stripers in the Staunton River. Brings back memories of fishing with my grandfather when I was a boy. All these years later and I still miss that man like crazy. Shouldn't be too long!

3. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i like to fish down around the split when the water is there. i hear that the big blues have started moving upriver so you might get lucky. i fish the dan side more than the staunton. it seems i have better luck with the flatties on the dan side.

4. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    Hey there. I am a long time member of the Clarkton hunt club. We got land along the river just below the bridge. Got a bunch of friends that live on clarkton rd. Checkerman, silvertooth, fuzzy, jonny reb, big smokey, marvin just to name a few.... Know any of them????

Billy Tucker
    "Hawkeye"

5. starcraft72

starcraft72 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey There! I think I know Marvin.. Some of my family hunts there. U know Keith Bomar? I just got on the waiting list to join Clarkton Hunt Club.

6. HOKIEFISHER

HOKIEFISHER New Member

State:
    Halifax, Va
    My grandaddy owns a farm alttle ways below the bridge and we catch alot of fish in that part of the river wading in the summer. I want to fish up there more this year of I can get a old boat goen.