03/04/06 Report

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by C_wernett, Mar 5, 2006.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went out with to a spot yesterday to see if we could have any luck. Pretty slow, caught some nice crappies and sunfish earlier in the day trolling jigs, but only one cat caught by my buddy a really nice channel, didn't have the scale with us this time, but easily over 15lbs. Had a flathead hit before that, but my drag had gotten loose and didn't get a good hookset as the fish burned off line! I'll get her next time!

Attached Files:

2. redhawknc1

redhawknc1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like you had both a fun and productive day! More to come! I live in the foorhills of NC and things have been slow for me, Gonna try again tomorrow, hopefully!

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good job! I been catching some nice American Shad the last couple days, so I got plenty of bait for my catfishing trip later.:cool:

4. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    What river are you finding those nice channels on, the biggest channel I caught was only 19lbs out of the neuse in between new bern and kinston, but most channels are maybe 5-6lbs average.

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The big channels we have been getting have mostly been on the Cape Fear. I'm planning on hitting a couple of other holes this next weekend, in hopes for a blue cat.