Pittsburgh Penguins 2016 - 2017 thread

Discussion in 'NHL Talk' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Here's the thread to talk about the defending Stanley Cup champions! :biggrin1: Pens 2-1-1 after 4 games. The injury bug has hit hard early on. First Crosby with the concussion and Matt Murray with the broken hand and now Letang and Sheary hurt against Montreal. Let's Go Pens!!! :cool1:

2. Best new thread I've seen in awhile. ;)

3. Pens defeat San Jose Sharks 3-2 in a rematch of the Stanley Cup Final teams! :cool1: Let's Go Pens!!!:smile1:

4. Pens take down Rangers 6-1 to make up for Mondays 5-2 loss to NY. Rolling along nicely thus far!:cool1:

5. Pens sitting at 14-7-3 = 31 points heading into tomorrows game vs Detroit. Sid is on fire, his goal against Dallas was awesome, worthy of a look for those that have not seen it. Tickets for the outdoor game vs Philly at Heinz Field in Feb. went on sale. I was looking at buying a few till I saw the jaw dropping prices! :eek1::mad1: It was going to be like $700 for 3 tickets! F#%& that. I ain't dropping that kind of loot to sit in a football stadium in February! :rolleyes1:

6. Nice win in the stadium game Saturday 4-2 over them Philly Flyers! :cool1:

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

Haven't got into at all this year, Going to have start watching again

8. Ammo

Ammo New Member

Yep...nowz a good time to get started!

9. Despite the major injury problems the Pens keep rolling along at or near the top in points. Might be best to avoid the dreaded President's trophy. Seems whomever gets that thing never wins the cup. Let's Go Pens!!! :cool1:

10. I think the Pen's are poised to make a strong playoff run, I'm fired up and excited about our chances of repeating! :cool1:

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

Hope they make it Scott.

12. Pens in a bit of a funk right now. Only 2 points from the last 4 games. I'm hoping we can get healthy in time for the playoffs. Malkin, Letang, Maata, Daily just to mention a few are needed back in the lineup! Let's Go Pens!!!

13. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

Hope the Sharks do good in the playoffs.

14. I'm cool with a finals rematch!

15. Ammo

Ammo New Member

Don't think the Sharks will have the same mojo this year. I'm thinking the Pens and Hawks.

16. Pens got a stranglehold on Columbus up 3-0 in the series. Game 4 Tuesday. Time to put the BJ's out of their misery! Let's Go Pens!!! :cool1:

17. Ammo

Ammo New Member

Well, I'm not thinking THAT anymore..... :biggrin1:

18. Well the BJ's got game #4. We kept coming back but they won 5-4. I think we will take it to them in game #5! Let's Go Pens!!! :cool1:

19. Sweet! :cool1: We eliminated Columbus from the playoffs with a 5-2 victory in game #5. Now we await the winner of the Caps vs Maple Leafs series. Time to rest up and see who is next. Let's Go pens!!! :smile1:

20. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

Sharks lose in OT....waiting to see if they can do something Saturday.