One Eyed Channel With a Hair Lip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Family Tradition, Aug 24, 2012.

1. DSCF2724[1].jpg DSCF2722[1].jpg DSCF2727[1].jpg
    This channel was about 8 pounds. He has one eye and a hair lip and has a bad spot on his right gill plate, I named him lucky!! Weird thing is there was no scar were his eye should have been. Hard to believe he could have lived this long with one eye although he had no problem finding my bait. Also caught a 10 pound flat. Both were released.

Mudcatboy likes this.
  2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

I cant even see any tell-tale signs of past healed injuries to the eye socket such as scars.

Amazing fish!

3. Joshuaace

Joshuaace New Member

The eye thing is curious. I've caught several with deformities to their mouth that I just chalked up to an earlier injury to a fish hook. They are very tough fish. Once caught a channie about 12#, whose head was twice as big as a fish that size normally. He had lost his entire tail fin to a prop or turtle. he was still a stout fight.

4. Outlaw08

Outlaw08 New Member

LOL if that fish ever grows to potential there will be sea creature sightings some day. That is a pretty awesome catch.

5. cool fish. this must be the week for weird channels. did you see the one i got last sat?

6. Outlaw08

Outlaw08 New Member

Another Sea creature :biggrin1: are they in the same lake? This might get fun to investigate some day.

7. Joshuaace

Joshuaace New Member

Nuke lake?:eek1::eek1:

8. mine was a nuke lake (clinton lake, roger). first one ever seen like that. hes in the freezer now. ill let ya know if i glow after i eat him. :laugh:

9. The cat without the eye looks like a birth defect don't look like a eye has ever bin there.

10. Joshuaace

Joshuaace New Member

I eat a few from there, but I'll be honest. I would not eat that one lol. Since you saw it in person; did it look like a birth defect or a healed injury?
    He may not have made a meal for me, but he looks like he was eating just fine.

11. Mudcatboy

Mudcatboy New Member

Gotta love Cats!!! Here's a rough looking Flatty I caught recently. Also, a double whiskered Flatty.

Attached Files:

Oatums likes this.
  12. Nice cats...... Thanks for the CPR....:sneaky:

13. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk New Member

I hope the catfish gods noticed that you released that goofy-looking old fish and reward you with many more catches of other more "normal" cats :biggrin1:

14. Mudcatboy

Mudcatboy New Member

15. Joshuaace

Joshuaace New Member

lol, Wow, just wow.

16. Rfifteen

Rfifteen New Member

Ha ha ha. That was funny!

17. inbread catfish!!!

18. i got a hairlipped blue back in feb. of this year

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      167.2 KB
      Views:
  19. Michael Ritzert

Michael Ritzert New Member

I guess it is just the survival instinct in all living creatures but, if it had legs I would think you caught my dog!