Missouri - east side report 2017

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by tall_jason79, Jan 9, 2017.

1. catman872

catman872 New Member

was anyone able to get out in this beautiful weather today? Sure wish i was fishing instead of working today.

2. What a good day to be on the water! What was the water temp? I'd guess it's about time to start looking at areas with a little more current.

3. Water was 45-48 degrees. A couple degrees warmer behind the dikes. I am likely going to hit it again Sunday afternoon. I have to set up and work a DU banquet Saturday. Free beer. Probably will move downstream a few miles and explore some new water.

4. Derhake

Derhake New Member

I would like to introduce myself. I am new to the forum but have been looking through and reading it for a couple years. It has taken some time to get signed up. I am located in St. Louis.

5. Derhake

Derhake New Member

I was out on the water this weekend up from St Charles. It seems there are less and less fish behind the dikes where i was seeing them in early Feb. I am starting to find some on the edges of the main channel. Water temp was in ~46 degrees.

6. Welcome! I'm just a ramp or two up up from you normally.

7. vortex

vortex Active Member

Missouri
    Luke
    Gonna be in St Charles next weekend. Awful tempting to bring the gear and fish while the wife does her things during the day.

8. arky

arky Well-Known Member

Jake the fish are moving from the holes to the mud flats this time of year. It is "skinny water " time... red buds blooming!

9. Derhake

Derhake New Member

I was going by water temp as to when they would start moving out. It made it up to 49 a couple weeks ago and now is back down a couple degrees

10. Derhake

Derhake New Member

Are you talking public ramps like Weldon springs and Klondike?

11. Yep. Live 5-10 miles from the river but have to drive 45 minutes to put in. Stupid not to have a ramp between Columbia bottoms and Washington on the STL side, but that's a gripe for another day. I can see Labadie stacks from my deck and can put in under the Arch in less time than it takes to get to Weldon or Klondike.

12. vortex

vortex Active Member

Missouri
    Luke
    I hear ya Sam. There's several places within the state where it's dumb that there isn't a ramp. Sure could quicken a water rescue, let alone make it easier to find a ramp without driving an hour.

13. Got out today for a bit this afternoon. Put 3 blues and a flathead in the boat, plus had a couple come unbuttoned. . Today there was no tap-tap, today. It was rod down!
    IMG_1774.JPG
    IMG_1833.JPG

Attached Files:

14. Good job Greg what structure?

15. Good Report, Nice to see someone catch a flathead .. This Rain we got should help out. Thinking about hitting the North Grand tomorrow. Keep the Reports coming Thanks!

16. Just upstream from that old sunken barge...:wink1::coffee:

17. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

Nice fish Greg! Maybe this is YOUR YEAR!!!

18. Nice.

19. the blues

the blues Active Member

Look out east side, big raise coming.

20. vortex

vortex Active Member

Missouri
    Luke
    My gauge is 9.25 now, headed to 16 on Saturday afternoon. 10ft rise in about a week. That ought to get things moving.